Welcome to the eInvestigator.com training book store. Our store includes an extensive collection of Private Investigator Books and also manuals and reference guides for police officers, security professionals, forensic specialists and those who work in related professions. This is a great place to find a wide variety of training books, procedure manuals, how-to guides, ebooks and more related to the investigation industry.
Some examples of the categories you’ll find include: Private Investigation Books, Crime Scene Investigations, Background Check, Accident Reconstruction and much more. In addition, you’ll find detective novels, mystery and crime fiction novels from such writers as John Grisham, James Patterson, Tom Clancy and J.K. Rowling (yes, she writes detective novels too).
Both novice and experienced detectives can use textbooks to learn new investigative techniques and disciplines as an alternative to expensive and lengthy private eye training courses or university degree programs. Even fictional novels can offer insights and ideas that can be applied to real-world situations. Investigative specialists, crime scene specialists, and forensic scientists can use this collection to build their own library of reference materials.
Most of the Private Investigator Books in this bookstore are available at the lowest price through Amazon.com for under $30, which often includes free shipping. Start building your library today.
Best Selling Categories of Private Investigator Books
Following is a list of the top-selling titles for P.I.’s. Most are non-fiction books as opposed to fiction and many are also available in other formats such as eBooks and audiobooks. Select a category from the list below and start learning today.
- Accident Reconstruction – Learn how to investigate an automobile accident, how to gather evidence from the scene, and analyze the data to understand the cause of the accident.
- Adoption Searches – Includes helpful information on searching for adoptive parents, adoptees and siblings. Learn about resources for reuniting families and more.
- Arson and Fire Investigations – Learn how to determine the cause of a fire, how to analyze crime scene evidence and track down arsonists.
- Background Checks – Learn how the pros conduct background checks, employment checks and criminal history record searches.
- Bodyguard – Learn about the art and science of bodyguarding and personal protection.
- Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) – Get the facts on the history of the CIA and read real life stories from real spies.
- Collection Agency – Information on collection agencies. This information can be helpful to skip tracers who need to track down debtors, collect judgments and retrieve financial assets.
- Computer Crime and Forensics – Learn how to investigate computer crime and fraud by using the latest forensic techniques, ethical hacking tips and analysis software.
- Crime Scene Investigation – Learn how to gather and preserve evidence, analyze and process crime scene data, generate valid theories and solve crimes using the latest CSI techniques.
- Criminal Investigation Techniques – The process of determining the cause of various crimes and determining who is responsible. A great collection for private eyes and police officers.
- Evidence Collection and Preservation – The art and the science of collecting evidence from crime scenes and preserving that evidence so it can be presented in a court of law.
- Executive Protection – Learn to offer personal protection services to your clients.
- Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) – A collection of books that describe history, structure and organization of the FBI. Also, learn how to pursue a career in the bureau.
- Financial Investigation – Reference guides that explain how to track down hidden assets, understand financial instruments and identify fraudulent activity.
- Fingerprinting – Read about how to lift prints from a crime scene using the latest tools, technology and techniques from private eyes and CSI experts.
- For Dummies Series – A variety of publications and reference manuals that break down complex processes and topics into easily understood text.
- Forensic Accounting – How to learn if someone is embezzling or committing financial fraud.
- Forensic Investigation – Mainly involves CSI techniques, evidence collection, fingerprints, data analysis and more.
- Gang Investigations and Gang Violence – Inside the lives of gangs and their members, their structure and organization, and the crimes they commit.
- Genealogy Research and Reference – How to conduct genealogical research and build family trees for yourself or your client.
- Government Conspiracies – Investigations into some of the most well-known crimes in U.S. history.
- How to Disappear – How to completely disappear and cover your tracks so you’ll never be found.
- Interviewing Witnesses and Experts – How to ask the right answers, take statements and gather the information needed to support your case.
- James Patterson Detective Novels – Alex Cross, Michael Bennett, and the Women’s Murder Club series.
- Law Enforcement and Police Officers – How to get training and education, how to pursue a career as a cop.
- Legal and Law Manuals – Help with understanding the law and various legal aspect. The better educated you are in this area, the more valuable your services become to your clients.
- Lock Picking – Understand the science behind picking a lock including the tools and techniques used by the pros.
- Loss Prevention – How to help businesses prevent theft, stealing and embezzlement
- Maps and Geography – How to read maps and understand geography.
- Missing Persons – How to conduct an effective search for a missing individual.
- Online Searching Tools – An overview of tools, websites and software for finding people and information on the internet.
- Personal Security and Personal Protection
- Private Investigation – Top selling titles.
- Process Servers and Process Service – Learn how to serve subpoenas and summons.
- Public Records – Find public records, databases and information related to your case.
- Security Guard – Manuals and guides for the security profession.
- Sex Offender Search – Learn how to find predators in your neighborhood.
- Surveillance Books – Learn the latest techniques in covert surveillance and counter-surveillance. Includes information on electronic surveillance equipment and spy gear used by private investigators.
- Zip Code Search – Learn how to lookup zip codes.
Spy and Espionage Books
Spying is not just something that happens in the movies. Spying, also known as espionage, is quite common in the corporate world, and is an ongoing threat within government organizations, the military and the internet. Spies use many of the same techniques used by private detectives and both can learn important techniques from one another.
The following books provide helpful information on the subject of spies, espionage and spying. Read about real-world spies and pick up new ideas, techniques and information that can be applied to your investigative tool box.
- The Master of Disguise: My Secret Life in the CIA – This book will help you learn about the art of disguise and the role it plays in conducting effective espionage missions. Read about the real life techniques used by agents in the Central Intelligence Agency.
- Operatives, Spies, and Saboteurs: The Unknown Story of the Men and Women of World War II’s OSS – Read true stories about secret operatives who were active during the second world war. Spooks from both sides of the war used secrets, lies, deception, special equipment and more to steal secrets of other nations.
- The Spy’s Guide: Office Espionage – This helpful guide provides information on applying spy techniques to the corporate world. It includes in-depth information on tapping phones, sending anonymous email messages, utilizing physical disguises, and more. This book is helpful for detectives and loss protection specialists who work in a corporate environment.
- SPYING: The Secret History of Spying – This guide provides information on the history of spying and the intriguing world of espionage. It includes personal interviews with legendary spies, historical letters, photographs, and descriptions of the spy equipment and gadgets used in the field. An interesting read for anyone who love the history of the craft.
- Spying with Maps: Surveillance Technologies and the Future of Privacy – This book provides and explanation of how maps can offer insight into the movements and activities of people, government, military and terrorist organizations. It discusses the increased use of geographic data, satellite imagery and Global Positioning System (GPS) location tracking in fields such as law enforcement and military intelligence.
Self Defense Books
Self-defense is technically defined as a personal countermeasure that involves defending oneself, one’s property or the well-being of another from physical harm. The right to self-defense as a legal justification or the use of force in times of danger is available in many jurisdictions. To be acquitted of any kind of physical harm-related crime (such as assault and battery and homicide) using the self-defense justification, one must prove legal provocation, meaning that one must prove that they were in a position where not using self-defense would most likely have led to death, serious injuries or property damage.
Techniques can be learned by taking classes taught by qualified instructors. Instructors often specialize in martial arts such as Judo, Aikido, Taekwondo or Karate. Many self-protection techniques originated from ancient martial arts. Those who wish to learn how to keep themselves and their families safe may take classes specifically geared toward self defense, or take a full martial arts class and learn the art more thoroughly. Private investigators often find themselves in dangerous situations.
Knowing how to handle yourself can come in handy when the cheating husband you’ve been following suddenly realizes you’re tailing him. Or, when the witness you’re interviewing suddenly becomes a suspect. Taking actual courses in person is the best way to improve your skills, but books may help you learn new techniques and get new ideas. The following books provide helpful information on the subject of Self Defense. All private investigation books are offered in association with Amazon.com.