This article provides an overview of some of the most popular bodyguard books to help you learn techniques for personal and executive protection.
Providing executive protection is essentially serving as a bodyguard for corporate management, government officials, and other elite members of society. Many private investigators with law enforcement experience, military training, and firearms expertise offer security and bodyguard services to their clients.
In addition to career experience in the military or law enforcement, there are many professional training programs that teach the skills necessary to provide such services.
List of Executive Protection Books
Anyone can learn some of the necessary skills, theories, and techniques by reading various books, reference guides, and instruction manuals. The following books provide helpful information on the subject.
- Find the right training courses to learn the skills and knowledge necessary. Learn how to pursue a career in executive protection and bodyguarding services
- Determine the types of tools, techniques, and equipment you’ll need on the job and where to buy it
- Understand how to serve as a professional consultant on business security measures. Learn how to evaluate the security measures of a business and make recommendations regarding security systems, personnel, security procedures, and more.
- Gain insight into hand to hand combat and self-defense techniques to prevent bodily harm
- How to do pre-checks, bug sweeps and perform counter-surveillance measures
- Advanced driving techniques
Also, you’ll learn how to serve as a professional consultant on business security measures – evaluate the security measures of a business and make recommendations regarding security systems, personnel, security procedures, and more.
Introduction to Executive Protection
This guide emphasizes the basic elements of security protection. These elements are often neglected or overlooked in practical application, even by professional schools of instruction which sometimes mistakenly assume all enrollees are practiced, journeymen. In addition to practical and technical considerations, it covers how to successfully work with people on a personal level.
The author draws on his extensive and varied experience in the field to share events that inform and enlighten students and teach them how to best avoid endangering those they protect.
This executive protection book provides helpful information from a variety of angles:
- Understanding your security challenges and obligations
- Trends in security attacks
- Systematically identifying your risks and vulnerabilities
- Implementing best-practice processes for access, acceptable use, training, strategy, and emergency response
- Effective leadership, governance, and metrics
- Staffing security–coping with a shortage of expertise
Whether you’re a CEO, a line-of-business manager, or an IT exec who needs to get colleagues up to speed, this is the nontechnical, business-driven executive protection book you need.
This helpful manual includes tips on such topics as defensive tactics, bomb search, and searching bugging devices. Plus, it covers firearms training tips, defensive and evasive driving, and advanced reconnaissance. In addition, the unique bodyguarding book also covers how to select the area of expertise that you would like to work in. Plus, learn what preparations you should make, get ready for interviews, and read stories from real-life experiences of a protective professional.
As a company or an individual, you cannot control the desire and the ability of criminals and terrorists. However, you have full control over effectively lowering your risk of attacks by increasing security measures–physical, technical, and procedural. The less vulnerable we are, the less attractive we are to any criminal or terrorist who may be planning an attack. This book will show you how to ensure safety both at home and abroad.
This book gets high marks for authoritativeness and relevance. The author, Robert Oatman, is a known leader in this discipline, and the importance of that field becomes more obvious every day. Truly, Gianni Versace and Princess Diana are not the only people who could have benefited from better protection. Business travelers, people who are relatively well-off financially, and people who are recognizable to potential wrongdoers – all can gain from learning about the advantages. Anyone considering a career in this field should also read this guide.
- Providing Executive Protection – This security book is a must-read “textbook” for the field. It is written by the top performers in the field, it covers the details of working in the world of security specialists in a theoretical yet practical manner.
- Prime Target: Security Measures for the Executive at Home and Abroad – Describes security measures for management that wish to protect themselves at home and abroad.
Need to learn more about this profession? Buy any of these executive protection books and many more at Amazon.com. Also, check out our other private investigator books.
Or, if you need to hire a professional to provide protection for you and/or your family, check out our Bodyguard directory.