This article provides an overview of some of the most popular bodyguard books that are designed to help you learn techniques for personal and executive protection.
Providing executive protection is essentially serving as a bodyguard for corporate executives, government officials and other elite members of society. Many private investigators with law enforcement experience, military training and firearms expertise offer executive protection and bodyguard services to their clients.
In addition to career experience in the military or law enforcement, there are many professional training programs that teach the skills necessary to provide such services.
List of Bodyguard Books and Executive Protection Manuals
Some of the necessary skills, theories and techniques can be picked up by reading various books, reference guides and instruction manuals. The following books provide helpful information on the subject of Executive Protection. These reference books, manuals and guides will explain how to:
- Find the right training courses to learn the skills and knowledge necessary to pursue a career in executive protection and bodyguarding services
- Determine the types of tools, techniques and equipment you’ll need on the job and where to buy it
- How to serve as a professional consultant on business security measures – evaluate the security measures of a business and make recommendations regarding security systems, personnel, security procedures, and more.
- Hand to hand combat and self defense techniques to prevent bodily harm
- How to do pre-checks, bug sweeps and perform counter-surveillance measures
- Advanced driving techniques
Also, you’ll learn how to serve as a professional consultant on business security measures – evaluate the security measures of a business and make recommendations regarding security systems, personnel, security procedures, and more.
Introduction to Executive Protection
An Introduction to Executive Protection provides beginners in the occupation of executive protection with the tools they need to know and appreciate the profession; to enable them to realize what is expected when they are placed in positions of confidence and trust; and to understand the implications of being responsible for the safety and lives of others.
This guide emphasizes the basic elements of executive protection which are often neglected or overlooked in practical application, even by professional schools of executive protection instruction which sometimes mistakenly assume all enrollees are practiced journeymen. In addition to practical and technical considerations of the profession, “executive protection” means working with people on a personal level.
The author draws on his extensive and varied experience in the field to share events that inform and enlighten students of executive protection and teach them how to best avoid endangering those they protect.
The Executive Guide to information Security: Threats, Challenges, and Solutions
A Business-Focused information Security Action Plan for Every Executive. Today, every executive must understand information security from a business perspective. Now, this concise executive protection book tells business leaders exactly what they need to know to make intelligent decisions about security – without ever getting lost in the technical complexities. The Executive Guide to information Security offers realistic, step-by-step recommendations evaluating and improving information security in any enterprise. From start to finish, the focus is on action: what works and how to get it done. Here are just a few of the things you will be learning:
- Understanding your security challenges and obligations
- Trends in security attacks
- Systematically identifying your risks and vulnerabilities
- Implementing best-practice processes for access, acceptable use, training, strategy, and emergency response
- Effective executive leadership, governance, and metrics
- Staffing security–coping with a shortage of expertise
Whether you’re a CEO, a line-of-business executive, or an IT executive who needs to get colleagues up to speed, this is the nontechnical, business-driven security briefing you’ve been searching.
The Executive Protection Professional’s Manual
Book Description -There is a big difference between an “Executive Protection Professional” and a “Bodyguard.” This book separates truth from myth. Two authors, both experts in their respective fields, give you the facts and critical knowledge about the field of executive protection. Together they provide a wealth of knowledge about this unique and exciting field. This executive protection book not only explains what it takes to be an executive protection specialist but gives other valuable information as well.
This includes, tips on defensive tactics, bomb search, searching bugging devices, firearms training tips, defensive and evasive driving, and advance reconnaissance. This unique bodyguarding book also covers how to select the area of executive protection that you would like to work in, what you should make, the interview, and stories from real life experiences of an executive protection professional.
Executive’s Guide to Personal Security
Book Description – As a company or an individual, you cannot control the desire and the ability of criminals and terrorists. However, you have full control over effectively lowering your risk of being attacked by increasing security measures–physical, technical, and procedural. The less vulnerable we are, the less attractive we are to any criminal or terrorist planning an attack. Let Executive’s Guide to Personal Security show you how to ensure safety both at home and abroad.
The Art of Executive Protection
This book gets high marks for authoritativeness and relevance. Robert Oatman is a highly regarded leader in executive protection, and the importance of that field becomes more obvious every day. Gianni Versace and Princess Diana are not the only people who could have benefited from better protection. Business travelers, people who are relatively well-off financially, and people who are recognizable to potential wrongdoers – all can gain from learning about the advantages of executive protection. Anyone considering a career in providing executive protection should also read the Art of Executive Protection book.
- Providing Executive Protection – This executive security book is a must-read “textbook” for the field of executive protection. Written by the top performers in the field, it covers the details of working in the world of protection specialists in a theoretical yet practical manner. –This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.
- Executive Protection Specialist Handbook – Book that provides information on executive protection and personal security.
- Prime Target: Security Measures for the Executive at Home and Abroad – Describes security measures for executives that wish to protect themselves at home and abroad.
Are you interested in learning more about this profession? Buy any of these Bodyguard books and many more at Amazon.com. Also, check out our other private investigator books.