This article provides an overview of some of the most popular bodyguard books to help you learn personal and executive protection techniques.
Providing executive protection is essentially serving as a bodyguard for corporate management, government officials, and other elite members of society. Many private investigators with law enforcement experience, military training, and firearms expertise offer security and bodyguard services to their clients.
In addition to career experience in the military or law enforcement, many professional training programs teach the skills necessary to provide such services.
List of Executive Protection Books
Anyone can learn necessary skills, theories, and techniques by reading various books, reference guides, and instruction manuals. The following books provide helpful information on the subject.
- Find suitable training courses to learn the skills and knowledge necessary. Learn how to pursue a career in executive protection and bodyguarding services
- Determine the types of tools, techniques, and equipment you’ll need on the job and where to buy it
- Understand how to serve as a professional consultant on business security measures. Learn how to evaluate the security measures of a business and make recommendations regarding security systems, personnel, security procedures, and more.
- Gain insight into hand-to-hand combat and self-defense techniques to prevent bodily harm
- How to do pre-checks, bug sweeps, and perform counter-surveillance measures
- Advanced driving techniques
Also, you’ll learn how to serve as a professional consultant on business security measures – evaluate the security measures of a business and make recommendations regarding security systems, personnel, security procedures, and more.
Introduction to Executive Protection
This guide emphasizes the essential elements of security protection. These elements are often neglected or overlooked in practical application, even by professional schools of instruction which sometimes mistakenly assume all enrollees have practiced. In addition to practical and technical considerations, it covers how to work with people on a personal level successfully.
The author draws on his extensive and varied experience in the field to share events that inform and enlighten students and teach them how to best avoid endangering those they protect.
The Executive Guide to Information Security: Threats, Challenges, and Solutions
This executive protection book provides helpful information from a variety of angles:
- Understanding your security challenges and obligations
- Trends in security attacks
- Systematically identifying your risks and vulnerabilities
- Implementing best-practice processes for access, acceptable use, training, strategy, and emergency response
- Effective leadership, governance, and metrics
- Staffing security–coping with a shortage of expertise
Whether you’re a CEO, a line-of-business manager, or an IT exec who needs to get colleagues up to speed, this is the nontechnical, business-driven executive protection book you need.
The Executive Protection Professional’s Manual
This practical manual includes tips on defensive tactics, bomb search, and searching bugging devices. It covers firearms training tips, defensive and evasive driving, and advanced surveillance. In addition, the unique bodyguarding book also covers how to select the area of expertise you would like to work in. Plus, learn what preparations you should make, prepare for interviews, and read stories from the real-life experiences of a protective professional.
Executive’s Guide to Personal Security by Katz, David S., Caspi, Ilan (2003) Hardcover
As a company or an individual, you cannot control the desire and the ability of criminals and terrorists. However, you have complete control over effectively lowering your risk of attacks by increasing security measures–physical, technical, and procedural. The less vulnerable we are, the less attractive we are to any criminal or terrorist who may be planning an attack. This book will show you how to ensure safety at home and abroad.
The Art of Executive Protection
This book gets high marks for authoritativeness and relevance. The author, Robert Oatman, is a known leader in this discipline, and the importance of that field becomes more evident every day. Indeed, Gianni Versace and Princess Diana are not the only people who could have benefited from better protection. Business travelers, people who are relatively well-off financially, and people who are recognizable to potential wrongdoers – can all gain from learning about the advantages. Anyone considering a career in this field should also read this guide.
- Providing Executive Protection – This security book is a must-read “textbook” for the field. The top performers write it in the field, it covers the details of working in the world of security specialists in a theoretical yet practical manner.
- Prime Target: Security Measures for the Executive at Home and Abroad – Describes security measures for management that wish to protect themselves at home and abroad.
Need to learn more about this profession? Buy any of these executive protection books and many more at Amazon.com. Also, check out our other private investigator books.
Or, if you need to hire a professional to protect you and/or your family, check out our Bodyguard directory.
Want personal/executive protections. Ph no. +92-9435294145 confidentiality requested. Introverted personality -artist
illness and eyesight difficulties to communicate many pages over computer