This article provides an overview of financial crimes and the financial investigation process. Also, you’ll find a list of recommended financial investigation books to help you learn more about the subject.
What are Financial Crimes?
Financial crimes include any criminal activity that intends to steal money or assets from an individual or business. Examples of crimes include burglary, armed robbery, embezzlement, extortion, kidnapping for ransom, blackmail, and many others. These money-related crimes are among the most challenging crimes to detect, investigate, and successfully prosecute in a court of law.
Financial investigations involve techniques such as forensic accounting to identify finance-related crimes such as embezzlement, fraud, asset theft, and money laundering.
Private investigators with experience in financial, forensic accounting, and asset investigations often conduct these inquiries.
Books are a great way to increase your understanding of the practice. Plus, they help you understand the techniques involved and the tools used to conduct research and analysis involved in the process.
List of Financial Investigation Books
Generally, these books will help you understand more about finance and learn how to:
- Conduct a financial investigation for any business or individual to determine if fraudulent activity exists and if crimes have been committed.
- Identify different types of fraud, and recommend the appropriate security measures to prevent wrongdoings in the future.
- Find the right finance investigation and fraud training courses to help you find an auditor or asset investigator job.
- Conduct statistical analyses and forensic accounting to identify fraudulent patterns, embezzlement, and money laundering schemes
- Understand the applicable laws, accounting procedures, tax codes, and banking regulations related to the process.
- Understand the mechanics of gambling, theft, money laundering, and racketeering.
- Successfully execute warrants, seizures, and forfeitures.
Whether you’re a police officer, private detective, or fraud professional, these books will help you learn more about the craft.
Financial Crime Investigation and Control
First, this guide is one of the more popular investigation books. It explains how to detect and solve financial crimes in the workplace. Primarily, it focuses on investigating low-level crimes in smaller companies that don’t have dedicated fraud departments and fraud investigators, this book offers helpful tips, tools, and techniques to help professionals evaluate theft and other financial-related crimes.
In addition, the book covers credit card and check fraud, consumer fraud, embezzlement, kickbacks, bid-rigging, theft of inventory, falsifying invoices, stealing cash, false expense reports, identification fraud, fake employees, computer crimes, and more. This is a great place to start for private eyes.
Money laundering is a widespread problem that is difficult to detect, investigate, and solve. This helpful book overviews money laundering practices, legislation, and investigation. An IRS agent and a narcotics investigator wrote the book. It provides real-world case studies, real-world examples, and other helpful information.
Money Laundering is an excellent book for police officers, private detectives, and fraud investigators responsible for investigating money crimes.
Other Investigation Books
Buy these and other Financial Investigation and Forensic Accounting Books at Amazon.com or check out other Private Eye Books.