Financial Investigation Books: Learn the Art of Forensic Accounting
Financial crimes are among the most difficult crimes to detect, investigate and to successfully prosecute in a court of law. Financial investigations involve techniques such as forensic accounting to identify finance-related crimes such as embezzlement, financial fraud, asset theft, money laundering, and more. Private investigators with experience in financial investigations, forensic accounting, and asset searches are often hired to conduct investigations or inquiries. Books are a great way to increase your understanding of the practice, the techniques involved, and the tools used to conduct financial research and analysis involved in the process.
The following books provide helpful information on the subject of Financial Investigations. These books will help you learn how to:
- Conduct a financial investigation for any business or individual to determine if fraudulent activity exists and if crimes have been committed.
- Identify different types of financial fraud, and recommend the appropriate financial security measures to prevent wrongdoings in the future.
- Find the right finance investigation and fraud training courses to help you find a job as a financial or asset investigator.
- Conduct financial analyses and forensic accounting to identify fraudulent patterns, embezzlement and money laundering schemes
- Understand the applicable laws, accounting procedures, tax codes and banking regulations related to the process.
- Understand the mechanics of such things as gambling, theft, money laundering, and racketeering.
- Successfully execute warrants, seizures and forfeitures.
Whether you are a police officer, private detective, or fraud professional, these books will help you learn more about the craft.
List of Financial Investigation Books
Financial Crime Investigation and Control
This guide explains how to detect and solve financial crimes in the workplace. It focuses on investigating low-level crimes in smaller companies that don’t have dedicated fraud departments and fraud investigators, Financial Crime Investigation and Control offers helpful tips, tools, and techniques to help professionals evaluate theft and other financial-related crimes. The book covers credit card and check fraud, consumer fraud, embezzlement, kickbacks, bid-rigging, theft of inventory, falsifying invoices, stealing cash, false expense reports, identification fraud, fake employees, computer crimes, and more. This is a great place to start for private eyes.
Money laundering is a widespread problem that is difficult to detect, investigate and solve. This helpful book provides an overview of money laundering practices, legislation, and investigation. The book was written by an IRS agent and a narcotics investigator, the book provides case studies, real-world examples, and other helpful information. Great for police officers, private detectives and other fraud detectives.
Buy these and other Financial Investigation and Forensic Accounting Books at Amazon.com or check out other Private Eye Books.
Private detectives are sometimes involved in cases related to investigating the activity of sexual predators. Since law enforcement may not
Providing executive protection is essentially serving as a bodyguard for corporate executives, government officials and other elite members of society.
Private investigators sometimes double as a bodyguard due to their personal protection experience gained during their time in the military or