This article provides an overview of financial crimes and the process of financial investigation. Also, you’ll find a list of recommended financial investigation books to help you learn more on the subject.
What are Financial Crimes?
Financial crimes include any criminal activity that is intended to steal money or assets from an individual or business. Examples of financial crimes include: burglary, armed robbery, embezzlement, extortion, kidnapping for ransom, blackmail, and many others. Financial crimes are among the most difficult crimes to detect, investigate and to successfully prosecute in a court of law.
Financial investigations involve techniques such as forensic accounting to identify finance-related crimes such as embezzlement, financial fraud, asset theft, money laundering, and more.
Private investigators with experience in financial investigations, forensic accounting, and asset investigations are often hired to conduct inquiries.
Books are a great way to increase your understanding of the practice, the techniques involved, and the tools used to conduct financial research and analysis involved in the process.
List of Financial Investigation Books
The following books provide helpful information on the subject of Financial Investigations. These books will help you learn how to:
- Conduct a financial investigation for any business or individual to determine if fraudulent activity exists and if crimes have been committed.
- Identify different types of financial fraud, and recommend the appropriate financial security measures to prevent wrongdoings in the future.
- Find the right finance investigation and fraud training courses to help you find a job as a financial or asset investigator.
- Conduct financial analyses and forensic accounting to identify fraudulent patterns, embezzlement and money laundering schemes
- Understand the applicable laws, accounting procedures, tax codes and banking regulations related to the process.
- Understand the mechanics of such things as gambling, theft, money laundering, and racketeering.
- Successfully execute warrants, seizures and forfeitures.
Whether you are a police officer, private detective, or fraud professional, these books will help you learn more about the craft.
Financial Crime Investigation and Control
This guide is one of the more popular financial investigation books. It explains how to detect and solve financial crimes in the workplace. It focuses on investigating low-level crimes in smaller companies that don’t have dedicated fraud departments and fraud investigators, Financial Crime Investigation and Control offers helpful tips, tools, and techniques to help professionals evaluate theft and other financial-related crimes.
The book covers credit card and check fraud, consumer fraud, embezzlement, kickbacks, bid-rigging, theft of inventory, falsifying invoices, stealing cash, false expense reports, identification fraud, fake employees, computer crimes, and more. This is a great place to start for private eyes.
Money laundering is a widespread problem that is difficult to detect, investigate and solve. This helpful book provides an overview of money laundering practices, legislation, and investigation. The book was written by an IRS agent and a narcotics investigator, the book provides case studies, real-world examples, and other helpful information.
Money Laundering is a great book for police officers, private detectives and other fraud detectives who are responsible for investigating financial crimes.
Other Investigation Books
Buy these and other Financial Investigation and Forensic Accounting Books at Amazon.com or check out other Private Eye Books.