Learn How to Become an Expert at Searching for and Finding Information Online
The internet is a private investigator’s best friend, especially the search engine. Private investigators use the internet to search public records databases, look up phone numbers and addresses, search the dark web, do background checks, and more.
However, sifting through a search engine’s myriad search results can be daunting and may consume a lot of your valuable time. Learn how to save time by focusing on suitable search engines. Plus, learn to enter the correct queries to ensure the most relevant and accurate information is returned. The following books can help you:
- Learn how to use the internet to dig up facts and information quickly
- Learn how to search in the right places
- Determine which websites provide relevant and accurate data and information and which can be trusted
- Learn how to structure your search engine queries to ensure the most accurate results are returned and how to sift through the results most efficiently
- Learn how to use advanced queries called Google Dorks
- Learn where to find free online public records and databases
- How to find commercial databases that contain millions of online records
List of Online Search Books
Following are several books that provide helpful instructions on conducting online searches. All of the books are available at Amazon.com.
- Hardcover Book
- Markey, Karen (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 424 Pages – 01/16/2019 (Publication Date) – Rowman & Littlefield Publishers (Publisher)
Find It Online: The Complete Guide to Online Research, Second Edition – The Complete Guide to Online Research is an essential reference for online searching for journalists, researchers, lawyers, professors, librarians, business executives, and students. Private eyes will find the tips helpful. This guide provides helpful information on which search engines work best for specific queries. Also, it explains how to evaluate the credibility of a source. Plus, the author explains when it makes sense to pay for information or when to subscribe to an online service. The book has a 5-star rating but a relatively low number of reviews. It is available in both new and used formats for under $10.00.