The Racketeer: A Legal Novel By John Grisham, Best-Selling Author
The Racketeer by John Grisham is a #1 New York Times Best Seller.Overview
The Racketeer by John Grisham was an excellent crime novel that will keep you turning pages from beginning to end. Like the typical Grisham legal novel, this page turner is filled with plenty of interesting characters and has no shortage of unexpected plot twists.
In the history of the United States, only four actively serving federal judges have ever been murdered. Judge Raymond Fawcett has just become the fifth one to be killed. His body is found in his remote lakeside cabin. There is no sign of forced entry or struggle. The only think the police find is two dead bodies: Judge Fawcett and his young secretary. And one large, state-of-the-art, extremely secure safe, which had been opened and emptied of its valuable contents.
The main character in The Racketeer is Malcolm Bannister. Malcolm, a former attorney, is in prison for a crime that he says he didn’t commit. Malcolm claims that he knows who killed Judge Fawcett, and why. But that man, Malcolm Bannister, is currently residing in the Federal Prison Camp near Frostburg, Maryland. Though serving time, Malcolm has an ace up his sleeve. He has information the Federal Bureau of Investigation would love to know. Malcolm would love to tell them. But everything has a price—and the man known as the Racketeer wasn’t born yesterday.
If you’re into reading legal thrillers, nobody does it better than the master. This book delivers a series of twists that you’ll never see coming.
Praise for The Racketeer
- “Exhilarating . . . surprising . . . ingenious.”— Janet Maslin, The New York Times
- “A satisfying, deeply engrossing thriller in which different forms of justice are ultimately served.”— The Washington Post
- “Fast-paced . . . with enough startling plot twists—and changes of scenery, from Miami to Montego Bay and beyond—to surprise even the most suspicious reader.”— The Wall Street Journal
- “Tautly plotted.”— Entertainment Weekly
Buy it now from Amazon.com – The Racketeer: A Novel by John Grisham
Details of The Racketter
- Book Type: Mass Market Paperback
- Total Number of Pages: 400
- Publisher: Dell (August 27, 2013)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0345530578
- ISBN-13: 978-0345530578
- Book dimensions: 0.9 x 4.2 x 7.4 inches
- Shipping Weight: 8 ounces
One the primary reasons that people hire private detectives is to help locate or track down a missing person. People
The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) is a federal criminal investigative, intelligence agency, and is the primary investigative arm of
The following books provide helpful information on the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA). The CIA provides a number of publications that provide