In the Walker Texas Ranger TV series, action star Chuck Norris plays the tough, but principled Cordell Walker. There series was created by Created by Albert S. Ruddy, Christopher Canaan, Leslie Greif and Paul Haggis.
Walker Texas Ranger TV Series Overview
Walker is a Texas Ranger, a special unit of the state police, and an expert martial artist. Walker’s partners in law include Texas Ranger Jimmy Trivette, a former Dallas Cowboy, and Walker’s love interest, Assistant D.A. Alexandra Cahill.
Throughout the seasons, Walker rounds up drug dealers, helping children in trouble, and even dealing with supernatural disturbances. But whenever the bad guys try to get tough, Walker usually finishes them off with his trademark roundhouse kick. Walker delivers his own form of hard-hitting justice to the likes mobsters, terrorists, lawless biker gangs, professional thieves, and juvenile delinquents.
Chuck Norris delivers a long line of memorable sayings such as, “The bigger they are, the harder they hit’. In one episode, a criminal snarls at Walker, “You’re going to have to kill me.” “Why don’t I just make you wish you were dead,” Walker replies.
The episodes get a little bit edgier as the seasons progress, with escalating action throughout. And if the voice singing the theme song sounds familiar, you’re not just hearing things. Mr. Norris performs the shows theme song “Eyes of a Ranger, written by Tirk Wilder.
The show was often criticized as being unrealistic and “hokey”, but that’s what makes it so much fun. Most people tune in to see Chuck kick some butt, and they are never disappointed. The only thing that is hokey is how easily he gets into fights. Also, it seems as if everyone in Texas knows some type of martial art.
List of Season Episodes Available on DVD
The Walker Texas Ranger series ran for eight seasons with a total of 203 episodes. In addition, there was one television movie, Trial by Fire that aired in October 2005. Each episode was 42 to 46 minutes long. All of the seasons and episodes are available to stream online via Amazon Video.
Typical episodes run for approximately 43 minutes.
List of Walker Texas Ranger TV Series Episodes
Following is a list of the primary cast members on the show:
- Cordell Walker, Chuck Norris
- James Trivette, Clarence Gilyard
- Alexandra Cahill, Sheree J. Wilson
- CD Parker, Gailard Sartain
- Noble Willingham
- Raymond Firewalker, Floyd Westerman
- Trent Malloy, Jimmy Wlcek
- Carlos Sandoval, Marco Sanchez
- Francis Gage, Judson Mills
- Sydney Cooke, Nia Peeples
List of Chuck Norris Fun Facts
- Those aren’t credits that roll after Walker: Texas Ranger. They are actually a list of fatalities that occurred during the making of the episode
- Global warming does not cause hurricanes. They are caused by the wind generated by Chuck Norris’ flurry of roundhouse kicks to the head.
- Somebody once bet Chuck that he couldn’t beat Superman in a fight. The loser had to start wearing his underwear on the outside of his clothes.
- The Boogeyman checks his closet for Chuck every night.
Questions and Comments
If you have any questions about the Walker Texas Ranger TV series, or if you have additional fun facts to share, please post a message below. Also, check out other Police Crime Dramas on DVD.