NCIS – Naval Criminal Investigative Service TV Series
NCIS, formerly known as NCIS: Naval Criminal Investigative Service, is an American police procedural drama television series that is centered around a fictional team of special agents from the Naval Criminal Investigative Service, which conducts criminal investigations involving the United States Navy and Marines.
The concept and characters were initially introduced in a two-part episode of the CBS series JAG. The show premiered on September 23, 2003 on the CBS Network and aired seven seasons and is now into syndicated reruns on the USA Network, Sleuth and Ion Television. Donald Bellisario, who created JAG as well as the well-known series Magnum, P.I. and Quantum Leap, is co-creator and executive producer of the series..
NCIS was originally referred to as Navy NCIS during Season 1; however, the word Navy was later dropped from the title.
Show Cast Members
- Leroy Jethro Gibbs (played by Mark Harmon)
- Doctor Donald “Ducky” Mallard (David McCallum from The Man from U.N.C.L.E.)
- Anthony DiNozzo (Michael Weatherly)
- Abby Sciuto (Pauley Perrette)
- Caitlin Todd (Sasha Alexander)
NCIS – Naval Criminal Investigative Service TV Series Season Episodes
- NCIS Naval Criminal Investigative Service Season 1 on DVD – Six disc set that includes all 23 episodes from the first season. Also includes commentary from the director Donald P. Bellisario on the first episode.
- NCIS Naval Criminal Investigative Service Season 2 on DVD – A six disc set with 23 season episodes.
- Season 3 on DVD – Includes 24 episodes from the third season, including a two-part finale.
- Season 4 on DVD – The package includes six discs with 24 episodes from the fourth season, commentaries, Q&A session with the cast members, and a look at the props used on the show.
- Season 5 on DVD – Includes five discs with 18 season episodes from the fifth season, including a two-part finale.
Check out other Police Crime Dramas on DVD.
Hawaii Five-O (Hawaii 5-0) is an American television series that starred actor Jack Lord as a police detective who worked
Overview of the Law and Order Special Victims Unit TV Show Law & Order: Special Victims Unit (often abbreviated to