What is Keylogger Software?
Keystroke logging (often called keylogging) is the act of tracking, recording, capturing, or logging the keys typed on a keyboard. The keyboard can be on a computer, mobile phone, cell phone, or table. However, most tracking software is for computers and cell phones. The software captures data and stores it locally on the computer or device. Then, it uploads the data and information to cloud storage or via email.
How does Keylogger Software work?
Keylogging is usually done covertly so that the person using the computer is unaware that their activity is being monitored and recorded. Numerous keylogging methods exist, from hardware and software-based approaches to electromagnetic and acoustic analysis.
Popular Keylogging Software for Mobile Phones
Some of the most popular keylogging software tools are designed for mobile phones. Learn more about Mobile Device Tracking Software. This article provides a more in-depth review of how mobile devices use this software. In addition, we provide a review of each of the above packages.
Who uses the Software?
The point of recording what is being typed is later retrieving the information for review. Following are examples of WHY someone might want to use keylogger software to accomplish this:
- Suspicious Parents – A parent might be suspicious of their child’s emails or text messages. So, they will install the program on their child’s computer or mobile device to monitor their behavior.
- Jealous Spouse or Partner – A jealous mate may want to keep track of their significant other’s online activity. Perhaps they suspect their mate may be cheating on them and want to know who they’re chatting with.
- Private Investigators – A private investigator may need to gather information as part of a case, often in one of the above circumstances. Suspicious parents or jealous spouses may hire a private investigator to do the dirty work. If you’re a private investigator, please investigate the legal issues surrounding using these programs and tools.
- Law Enforcement – Police officers and detectives use the tools in surveillance missions and forensic investigations.
- Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) – The FBI uses similar tools in high-profile cases to capture information in domestic and international cases.
Employers – Employers may want to keep track of their employees while they are on the clock.
Other Keylogging Software Solutions
Key-logging software is the most commonly used approach and is most readily available. To use this approach, you must purchase and install the software on the device you wish to track. Before making a purchase, we recommend you research the legality of using such software in your state, as using such programs may be illegal. The following software-based programs are designed to work on a computer’s operating system:
Elite Keylogger (Standard Edition) Software – Elite Keystroke Recorder is the most potent surveillance recorder for monitoring and recording every detail of PC and Internet activity at home and in the office. Additionally, it’s an invisible keystroke recorder.
Elite (PRO Edition) Software – The PRO software edition provides the same features as the Standard edition.
Handy Keylogger Software – This new version of an award-winning keylogger gives you complete control over your PC and is undetectable to other users. With this helpful tool, it is possible to start stealth monitoring several clicks after your free download is complete. The tool mainly features and does a very good job with four types of logs: keystrokes log, clipboard log, screenshots, and websites visited.
Keyloggers are Available at Amazon.com
- Amazon Kindle Edition
- Norman, Alan T. (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 84 Pages – 02/24/2017 (Publication Date)
- Amazon Kindle Edition
- Hayelom, Henok (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 12/19/2018 (Publication Date) – GRIN Verlag (Publisher)
- NEW AND IMPROVED: Password Pro improves on the Password Reset Key II with Easy Boot technology and faster USB 3.0. Easy Boot technology eliminates changing your BIOS settings and allows you to easily change your password without any technical knowledge. At the touch of a button Password Pro launches into its all new sleek smooth interface that makes it very easy to change your password. PLEASE EMAIL US WITH ANY QUESTIONS OR ISSUES.
- WORKS FASTER AND INTERNET NOT REQUIRED: With USB 3.0 you can get back into your computer faster than ever before! This software works without an internet connection, to quickly give you access. Reboot any Windows password, works better and faster than any CD disk and can be used in all boot modes – UEFI, Legacy or Secure boot, no need to switch to Legacy boot. Please note: It is not compatible with Microsoft Live.
- WORKS WITH ALL WINDOWS COMPUTERS: Works with Windows 98, 2000, XP, Vista, 7, and 10. This easy to use USB Software key gives you the ability to quickly reset any password.
- PRO REBOOT & RESET: This ingenious USB reboot software will restore your PC. The Pro key lets you reset one password, multiple passwords, remove SYSKEY recovery key, or recovery file. The Password Reset Key Pro lets you access files even when Windows is too corrupted to access the security accounts manager. A built in file explorer lets you copy your files over the network onto a local disk to save your data.
- BIT LOCKER: Password Pro allows you to unlock BitLocker drives using a password, recovery key or recovery file. If BitLocker is detected then you will be prompted to unlock the drive before resetting passwords. Please note: You need to have the BitLocker password, BitLocker recovery key or Bitlocker recovery file. The Password Pro cannot directly open Bit Locker without these.
How to Protect Yourself
There are some things you can do to protect yourself from keyloggers, including:
- Keep your software up to date.
- Use a firewall and antivirus software.
- Be careful about the websites you visit and the links you click on
- Don’t open email attachments from unknown senders
- Use a strong password manager
- Be aware of the signs of a keylogger infection, such as unexplained changes to your computer’s settings or performance.
If you have questions about keylogger software or the keylogging process, please comment below.