What is Keylogger Software?
Keystroke logging (often called keylogging) is the act of tracking, recording, capturing or logging the keys typed on a keyboard. The keyboard can be on a computer, mobile phone or cell phone, or table. However, most of the keyogger software that is currently available is designed for computers and cell phones. The data that is captured by the keylogger software is then stored locally on the computer. Then, the data and information is uploaded to a cloud storage, or sent via email.
How does Keylogger Software work?
Keylogging is usually done in a covert manner so that the person using the computer is unaware that their activity is being monitored and recorded. There are numerous key logging methods, ranging from hardware and software-based approaches, to electromagnetic and acoustic analysis.
Who uses Keylogger Software?
The point of recording what is being typed is to later retrieve the information for review. Following are examples of WHY someone might want to use keylogger software to accomplish this:
- Suspicious Parents – A parent might be suspicious of the emails or text messages their child is sending. So, they will install the program on their child’s computer or mobile device to monitor their behavior.
- Jealous Spouse or Partner – A jealous mate may want to keep track of their significant other’s online activity. Perhaps they suspect their mate may be cheating on them and want to know who their chatting with.
- Private Investigators – A private investigator may need to gather information as part of a case, often in one of the above circumstances. Suspicious parents or jealous spouses may hire a private investigator to do the dirty work for them. If you’re a private investigator, please be sure to investigate the legal issues surround the use of these programs and tools.
- Law Enforcement – Police officers and detectives may use the tools as a part of a surveillance mission, or in a forensic investigation.
- Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) – The FBI has used these tools in high profile cases to capture information in both domestic and international cases.
- Employers – Employers may want to keep track of their employees while they are on the clock.
Popular Keylogging Software for Mobile Phones
Some of the most popular keylogging software tools available are designed to be used on mobile phones. The three most popular solutions are:
|Highster Mobile||FlexiSpy||Mobile Spy|
|Learn More||Learn More||Learn More|
Learn more about Mobile Phone Spy Software. This article provides a more in-depth review of how this type of software is used on mobile devices. In addition, we provide a review of each of the above packages.
Other Keylogging Software Solutions
Key-logging software is the most commonly used approach and is most readily available. To use this approach, you must purchase the software and install it on the device you wish to track. Before making a purchase, we recommend that you research the legality of using such software in your state, as using such programs may be illegal. The following software-based programs are designed to work on a computer’s operating system:
Elite Keylogger (Standard Edition) Software – Elite Keystroke Recorder is the most powerful surveillance recorder for monitoring and recording every detail of PC and Internet activity at home and in the office. Additionally, it’s a totally invisible keystroke recorder.
Elite (PRO Edition) Software – The PRO software edition provides the same features as the Standard edition.
Handy Keylogger Software – This package is a new version of award-winning keylogger which gives you full control over your PC, and is totally undetectable to other users. With this helpful tool it is possible to start stealth monitoring in several clicks after your free download is complete. The tool mainly features and does a very good job with four types of logs: key strokes log, clipboard log, screenshots and websites visited.
Hardware Device Solutions
If you have any questions about keylogger software, or the process of keylogging, please leave a comment below.