What are Viruses?
Before we talk about Antivirus Software, let’s talk about the viruses themselves. Computer viruses can have a major negative impact on individuals, businesses, corporations, and even government organizations. Viruses are created with malicious computer code that is designed to do harm to any electronic device. For example, devices include computers, laptops, mobile devices, internet-connected appliances, and more.
The viruses can be written by individuals, usually referred to as hackers, a group of individuals. However, in some cases, they originate from state-sponsored teams that conduct international espionage. The malicious programs sometimes seek simply to do harm by disrupting the operation of a computing device. In other cases, the goal is to blackmail a person or business into paying a ransom to unlock the device. This is known as ransomware.
As a result, it is important to mitigate the potentially detrimental effects. For example, you should invest in the right programs and tools to protect your electronic devices, especially your computers, tablets, and mobile devices.
Antivirus Software – What does it do?
Antivirus software scans and detects viruses and prevents them from infecting your computer and other equipment. Primarily, anti-virus software works by locating and deleting harmful viruses that may have infected a PC. Anti-virus programs help to prevent further virus infections and malicious spyware installations. Protection software should be considered a necessary investment. Certainly, protecting your home or business PC is critical to help prevent identity theft.
Many of the latest antivirus packages are based on an annual subscription model. Subscriptions include regular updates to the software and the virus definitions, sometimes as often as daily. This is an important feature, as harmful infections spread throughout the web on a daily basis.
The protection tools prevent malware, phishing, and firewall intrusions from would-be attackers. In addition, many solutions offer the option to back up and restore files to the cloud. This helps to ensure you don’t lose important files, in the event something gets through your layers of defense.
Most Popular Antivirus Software and PC Security Products
The following are examples of packages that provide protection from the latest viruses. These can help to keep your personal computers and business computers safe, protected, and operating at all times:
- Norton Internet Security – Recognized as one of the industry leaders in providing top-notch protection for your computers, tablets, and mobile devices.
- McAfee Internet Security Suite – Another industry-leading package for protecting your electronic devices
- Kaspersky Anti-Virus
- Trend Micro Internet Security
- Microsoft Windows Live OneCare 1.5 Online PC Care Subscription
Purchase all of these products and more at Amazon.com.
Following is a list of some of the more well-known antivirus software packages:
- AVG Antivirus – AVG software is designed by Avast to protect operating systems like Windows, Android, and Mac. It is available for free and is generally regarded as a good solution.
- Bitdefender – Bitdefender is a cybersecurity company that offers anti-malware solutions for PC and mobile devices.
- Checkpoint – Checkpoint provides both hardware and software cyber-security solutions. For example, network security, mobile data protection, security management, and more.
- Dr. Web – Dr. Web is anti-virus software developed by a Russian security company.
- Kaspersky – Kaspersky is a Russian cybersecurity company.
- McAffee – A global security software company.
- Windows Defender – Windows Defender is software designed by Microsoft specifically to protect Windows. It is available for free for certain versions of Windows.
- Panda –
- SecureAnywhere –
- Sophos –
- Symantec – Symantec is the maker of the popular Norton Anti-virus suite of products.
- TrustPort –
What do Private Eyes Need to Know?
As a private detective, you’ll spend a lot of time on your PC, laptop, or tablet, especially on the internet. Obviously, having the right protection will allow you to run online searches, conduct research, and use various software tools without any fear of infection. Also, they protect your email address and personal identity while you’re online. As a result, it will potentially reduce the amount of spam, phishing, and fraudulent emails you receive.
Questions and Comments
If you have any questions about viruses or Antivirus software, please post a comment below. To learn more, visit Wikipedia. Also, learn about other types of Private Investigator Software.
The information you shared about antivirus and antivirus software was very helpful.