Washington Private Investigator Licensing Requirements
Private Investigator licensing in Washington is handled by the Washington Department of Licensing, Business & Professional Licensing. Visit the website for more information on:
- Requirements for getting your private investigator license in Washington
- How to renew your private detective license
- Application forms and fees required
- State exam study resources
- Training requirements and resources
- How to look up a professional license
- How to file a complaint on a private detective
Other special licensing requirements such as education requirements, experience requirements, examinations, and insurance may be required. Check the state licensing website for more information.
Washington Private Investigator Associations
- Washington Association of Licensed Investigators (WALI) – Formed in 1997, as a non-profit organization by a group of Washington State Investigators. The association provides an educational forum for detectives throughout the State that improves the skills and the level of professionalism of those in the industry. The association also provides networking opportunities and hosts educational meetings and also promotes a variety of PI conferences.
- Pacific Northwest Association of Investigators – The P.N.A.I. is a professional organization of licensed private eyes incorporated in the state of Washington in 1947
Hire a Private Detective in Washington
- Private Investigation Agencies in Washington State – To hire a detective in Washington, please visit our worldwide directory of investigation agencies. Our directory may also help you find an agency to sponsor your training and certification efforts, and help you comply with state licensing requirements.
- Training Resources – Improve your chances of obtaining a license in Wisconsin by completing a degree or certification program, training course, or home study course. Learn what options are available to get the investigative knowledge necessary to get licensed.