Washington Private Investigator Licensing Requirements
Private Investigator licensing in Washington is handled by the Washington Department of Licensing, Business & Professional Licensing. Visit the website for more information on:
- Requirements for getting your private investigator license in Washington
- How to renew your private detective license
- Application forms and fees required
- State exam study resources
- Training requirements and resources
- How to look up a professional license
- How to file a complaint on a private detective
Other special licensing requirements such as education requirements, experience requirements, examinations, and insurance may be required. Check the state licensing website for more information.
The Private Investigator’s Licensing Handbook: How to Get a Private Investigator License in any State
Think you might be interested in pursuing a career as a private investigator? Browse through the pages of this eBook to learn about the services provided by private investigators, the typical work environment, career outlook and salary range. Plus learn the basic licensing requirements for each states and where to find more information. Includes sections on training and education, PI associations and more. Buy the eBook at Amazon today for just $2.99.
Washington Private Investigator Associations
- Washington Association of Licensed Investigators (WALI) – Formed in 1997, as a non-profit organization by a group of Washington State Investigators. The association provides an educational forum for detectives throughout the State that improves the skills and the level of professionalism of those in the industry. The association also provides networking opportunities and hosts educational meetings and also promotes a variety of PI conferences.
- Pacific Northwest Association of Investigators – The P.N.A.I. is a professional organization of licensed private eyes incorporated in the state of Washington in 1947
Hire a Private Detective in Washington
- Private Investigation Agencies in Washington State – To hire a detective in Washington, please visit our worldwide directory of investigation agencies. Our directory may also help you find an agency to sponsor your training and certification efforts, and help you comply with state licensing requirements.
- Training Resources – Improve your chances of obtaining a license in Wisconsin by completing a degree or certification program, training course, or home study course. Learn what options are available to get the investigative knowledge necessary to get licensed.