Hawaii Private Investigator Licensing Requirements
Private Investigator licensing in the state of Hawaii is handled by the Hawaii Department of Commerce and Consumer Affairs – Professional and Vocational Licensing.
Via the Hawaii licensing website, you can:
- Request an application to apply to become a Hawaii private investigator license
- Inquire about licensing requirements
- Check the status of an existing application
- Inquire about licensee maintenance requirements and fees
- Verify if a person has an active private detective license
- File a complaint on a licensee and/or get the complaint history on a licensee. This is helpful if you’re considering hiring someone and want to make sure they are professionally licensed.
Other special licensing requirements such as education requirements, experience requirements, examinations, and insurance may be required. Check the state licensing website for more information.
Hawaii Private Investigator Associations
- Hawaiian State Private Investigator Association
- Investigative and Security Society of Hawaii
1000 Bishop Street No 608
Honolulu HI 96813
Phone 808 526-2002
Hire a Private Detective in Hawaii
Hire a Private Investigator Agency in Hawaii – To hire a private investigator in Hawaii, please visit our worldwide directory of investigation agencies. Our directory may also help you find an agency to sponsor your training and certification efforts, and help you comply with state licensing requirements.
Training Resources – Improve your chances of getting licensed by completing a professional degree program, training course, or home study course. Learn what options are available to get the investigative knowledge necessary to get licensed and begin your career.