Arizona Private Investigator Licensing Requirements
The Arizona Department of Public Safety, Licensing Unit is responsible for private investigator licensing in the state of Arizona. Following is the contact information and website link:
Arizona Department of Public Safety
PO Box 6328, MD 1160
Phoenix, AZ 85005
Phone: (602) 223-2361
Fax: (602) 223-2938
The following is general licensing information. Please visit the website listed above for specific licensing information, application forms, insurance requirements, training and education, fees and any special licensing requirements.
- Applicant must be at least 18 years old
- Must be a citizen or legal resident
- May not have any felony convictions
- May not be under indictment for a felony
- May not be a registered sex offender
- May not be on parole or probation
- May not have any misdemeanor convictions in the last five years for violent acts, fraud, theft, domestic violence, sexual misconduct or narcotics violations. This holds true even if the conviction was set aside.
- Has never been convicted of attempting to act as a PI without a license
The Private Investigator’s Licensing Handbook: How to Get a Private Investigator License in any State
Think you might be interested in pursuing a career as a private investigator? Browse through the pages of this eBook to learn about the services provided by private investigators, the typical work environment, career outlook and salary range. Plus learn the basic licensing requirements for each states and where to find more information. Includes sections on training and education, PI associations and more. Buy the eBook at Amazon today for just $2.99.
Arizona Private Investigator Associations
- Arizona Association of Licensed Private Investigators (AALPI) – The AALPI association website provides membership information, links to investigative information, conferences, and recent news. The association is a great resource for networking with other P.I.’s, staying up to date about industry issues and gaining access to training and education opportunities.
Hire a Private Detective
- Hire a Private Investigation Agency in Arizona – Visit our directory of private eyes and private investigation agencies. Our directory may also help you find an agency to sponsor your training and certification requirements and help you meet state licensing requirements.
- Currently, there are no additional training courses required to get a private detective license in Arizona.
- Training Resources – Improve your chances of getting licensed by completing a degree or certification program, training course, or home study course. Learn what options are available to get the investigative knowledge necessary to get licensed.