Fingerprinting Books for Private Detectives and Police
A fingerprint is an impression of the friction ridges of all or any part of the human finger. Prints are often used as a method of identifying people, especially in forensic science and crime scene investigation, as no two prints are alike. They are used to help positively identify a criminal or identify a body when the identity is unknown. Fingerprints are lifted from crime scenes and the results are compared to national databases to determine a possible match.
Private investigators may examine fingerprints or fingerprint impressions during a crime scene investigation, while investigating a theft, or when examining stolen property.
The following fingerprinting books provide helpful information on the subject of Fingerprinting. These books will help you learn how to:
- Understand how fingerprints are lifted from a crime scene and preserved for future evaluation
- Learn how prints that have been lifted from a crime scene are then analyzed and linked to a person through the use of technology
- Understand the various types of prints that might be left at a crime scene such as lip prints, hand prints, mouth prints, etc. and how they are used to identify and convict the guilty
- Learn the types of equipment, technology and software used in fingerprinting such as fingerprinting ink, pads, forms and scanners
List of Recommended Books and Guides
- Fingerprints: The Origins of Crime Detection and the Murder Case That Launched Forensic Science (Hardcover) – The story of a scientific breakthrough that solved one of the most brutal murders in England’s history and forever changed the criminal justice system. This book tells the story of how technology found its way into the criminal justice system. Well-researched, this book traces fingerprinting to its present-day applications and explains why the unique tracks we leave with our fingers continue to be one of the most important means of identifying criminals.
- Suspect Identities: A History of Fingerprinting and Criminal Identification (Paperback) – Tells the history of finger prints and how we shouldn’t have blind faith in the technology that defines our individuality.
- DNA Fingerprinting – This books explains how techniques are used in the courts to convict the guilty, free the innocent, and even inspire legal treachery.
Buy these and other Fingerprinting Books at Amazon.com.
What is Executive Protection? Providing executive protection is essentially serving as a bodyguard for corporate executives. Many private investigators with
Have you ever wondered how to pick a lock? It looks so simple on TV and in the movies. Someone
Learn the Techniques That Will Keep You and Your Clients Safe on the Streets The following books provide helpful information