How To Become a Licensed Private Investigator in Florida
Florida P.I. Licensing Requirements
Private Investigator licenses in the State of Florida are handled by the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services – Division of Licensing Services. The Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services, Division of Licensing, licenses and regulates the private investigative industry in accordance with Chapter 493 of Florida’s state statutes.
The Florida Division of Licensing website provides an extensive amount of information that will help you get a private investigator license in Florida. On the website, you can read overview of licensing requirements, renew your existing license, change your address, search for a licensee, and view the state laws that govern private detective licensing.
Other special requirements such as education requirements, experience requirements, examinations, and insurance may be required. Check the state licensing website for more information.
Florida Private Investigator Associations
Professional associations are a great resource for those who are interested in pursuing an investigative career and for those who are already working in the business. P.I. associations provide access to invaluable resources such as: training and continuing education opportunities, networking events and conferences, legislative lobbying power, and can be a source of business through information and case sharing. We highly recommend that you join a state association and become active – run for a board position, speak at meetings, participate in volunteer activities and more. Following are the most prominent groups in the state:
- Florida Association of Licensed Investigators – Established in 1994, the FALI is the largest private investigation association in the State of Florida. The FALI website provides up to date information and news on the investigation industry, as well as an extensive amount of resources for existing and aspiring private eyes.
- Florida Association of Private Investigators – A professional organization created to provide a voice for licensed private investigators and related professionals within the State of Florida and throughout the United States. FAPI offers its members extensive networking opportunities with other experienced investigators nationwide, and a place to share referrals, questions, sources of information and more in a friendly, non competitive, yet professional atmosphere through our members only discussion group and forums.
Hire a Private Detective in the State of Florida
- Hire a Private Investigator in Florida – Please visit our worldwide directory of investigation agencies. Our directory may also help you find an agency to sponsor your training and certification efforts, and help you comply with state licensing requirements.
- Training Resources – Improve your chances of getting licensed by completing a professional degree program, training course, or home study course. Learn what options are available to get the investigative knowledge necessary to get licensed and begin your career.
- Florida Certified Investigators – Professional certification program.
Learn about Detective Licensing, Training and Education, and Services Provided by Private Eyes Following is guide that explains how to
New Mexico Private Investigator Licensing Requirements Private Investigator licensing in the state of New Mexico is handled by the New
Utah Private Investigator Licensing Requirements Private Investigator licensing in Utah is handled by the Utah Department of Public Safety. Visit