Following is a list of travel phone numbers for hotels, car rental agencies, and cruise lines. The list serves as a handy reference guide for making travel arrangements or for conducting research.
List of Travel Phone Numbers
First, here is a list of hotel phone numbers for the major hotel chains in the United States and their primary phone number. Please note that hotel mergers, consolidations, and bankruptcies occur from time to time, so the list may change due to those events. Please visit the hotel chain’s website directly for their most recent contact information.
- Adams Mark Hotels
- Aston Hotels
- Best Western Hotels
800 528 1238
- Canadian Pacific Hotels & Resorts
800 441 1414
- Choice International
800 424 6423
- Clarion Inns
800 252 7466
- Comfort Inns
800 228 5150
- Country Inns
800 456 4000
- Courtyard by Marriott
800 228 9290
- Crown Plaza
- Days Inn
800 325 2525
800 222 8733
800 446 6900
- Embassy Suites
800 362 2779
- Fairfield Inn
800 228 2800
- Fairmont Hotels
800 527 4727
- Four Seasons Hotels & Resorts
800 332 3442
- Hampton Inns
- 800 426 7866
- Hawthorne Suites
800 527 1133
- Hilton Hotels
800 445 8667
- Holiday Inns
800 465 4329
- Homewood Suites
800 225 5466
- Howard Johnsons
800 654 2000
- Hyatt Hotels & Resorts
800 233 1234
- Intercontinental Hotels
800 327 0200
- La Quinta Inns
800 531 5900
- Leading Hotels of the World
800 223 6800
- Loews Hotels
800 223 0888
- Marriott Hotels Resorts & Suites
800 831 1000
- Motel 6
800 466 8356
- New Otani Hotels
800 421 8795
- Omni Hotels
800 843 6664
- Outrigger Hotels Hawaii
800 733 7777
- Preferred Hotels
800 323 7500
- Premier Resort
800 877 36437
- Quality Inn
800 228 5151
- Radisson Hotels
800 333 3333
- Ramada Hotels
800 228 2828
- Red Roof Inns
800 874 9000
- Renaissance Hotels
800 228 9898
- Residence Inns by Marriott
800 831 1000
- Ritz-Carlton Hotels
800 241 3333
- Shangri La Hotels & Resorts
800 942 5050
- Sheraton Hotels
800 325 3535
- Signature Inns
800 822 5252
- Sleep Inn
800 228 5151
- Small Luxury Hotels
800 345 3457
800 766 3782
- SRS World Hotels
- St Regis Hotels
- Super 8
800 255 3050
- Vagabond Inns
800 522 1555
- Westin Hotels
800 325 3535
- Westmark Hotels
800 544 0970
- Wyndham Hotels
800 822 4200
List of Car Rental Agency Phone Numbers
Private investigators may need to rent a car during an investigation case to use for transportation or to conduct a surveillance mission. In some situations, a private investigator may need to contact rental car agencies as a part of the case itself. For example, in a missing person case, the individual may have rented a car before they disappeared. The following are travel phone numbers for the most popular car rental agencies to help facilitate the contact and information-gathering process.
- ACE – (800) 243-3443
- Advantage – (800) 777-5500
- Alamo – (877) 222-9075
- Avis – (800) 331-1212
- Bermuda Limousine International – (800) 223-1383
- Budget Care Rental – (800) 527-0700
- Discount Car and Truck Rentals (Canada) – (800) 263-2355
- Dollar – (800) 800-3665
- Enterprise Rent-a-Car – (800) 261-7331
- Europcar – (877) 940-6900
- E-Z Rent-A-Car – (800) 277-5171
- Fox – (800) 225-4369
- Hertz – (800) 654-3131
- National – (877) 222-9058
- Payless – (800) 729-5377
- Renault Eurodrive – (888) 532-1221
- Rent-A-Wreck – (877) 877-0700
- Sixt – (888) 749-8227
- Specialty Rentals (California) – (800) 400-8412
- Thrifty – (800) 847-4389
List of Cruise Line Telephone Numbers
Sometimes an investigation involves events that occurred during a cruise. Knowing the primary phone number and website of the major cruise lines is an important first step.
In other situations, private detectives may be called upon to investigate the cruise line itself. Detectives may go undercover to gather information about cruise line staff, identify theft or fraud rings, or obtain proof of illegal behavior.
The following are telephone numbers for major cruise lines. Please note that contact information changes from time to time due to operational changes, mergers, and bankruptcies:
- American Cruise Lines -800-814-6880
- American Hawaii Cruises – 800-765-7000
- Cape Canaveral Cruise Lines +1-321-783-4052
- Captain Cook Cruises – 612-9206-1122
- Carnival Cruise Line- 800-327-9501
- Celebrity Cruises, Inc – 800-437-3111
- Clipper Cruise Line – 800-325-0010
- Commodore Cruise Line – 800-237-5361
- Coral Princess Cruise Lines +61-7-4721-1673
- Costa Cruise Lines – 800-462-6782
- Cruise West – 800-888-9378
- Cunard Cruises – 800-528-6273
- Diamond Cruise – 800-333-3333
- Disney Cruises – 800-951-3532
- Dolphin Cruise Line – 800-222-1003
- Epirotiki Cruise Line – 800-221-2470
- Golden Sun Cruises +3-01-429-0650
- Holland American Line – 800-426-0327
- Louis Cruise Lines – 00357-5-327343
- Majesty Cruise Line – 800-532-7788
- Massachusetts Bay Lines – +1-617-542-8000
- Norwegian Cruise Line – 800-327-7030
- Orient Lines – 800-333-7300
- Premier Cruise Lines – 800-327-7113
- Princess Cruises – 800-421-0522
- Radisson Seven Seas – 800-285-1835
- Regal Cruises – 800-270-7245
- Regency Cruises – 800-734-3629
- Renaissance Cruises – 877-549-1124
- Royal Caribbean – 800-327-6700
- Seabourn Cruise Line – 800-929-9595
- Seawind Cruise Line – 800-258-8006
- Seven Seas Cruise Line – 800-828-7107
- Scotia Prince – 800-341-7540
- Siam Cruise Co – +66-2-255-8950-7
- Spirit Cruises – +1-757-627-2900
- St. Lawrence Cruise Lines – 1-800-267-7868
- Star Clippers – +377-97-97-84-00
- Star Cruises – +61-2-9212-6288
- Sun line Cruises – 800-872-6400
- The Big Red Boat – 800-515-7890
- Vagabond Cruises – +61-2-9660-0388
- Voyager Cruise Line – 800-451-5952
- Windstar Cruises – 800-258-7245
- World Explorer Cruises – 800-854-3835
List of Travel Websites
Following is a list of helpful travel websites, resources, and guides to help you plan for your next trip.
- Airline Meals – A site that provides descriptions, reviews, and photos of thousands of airline meals from hundreds of different airlines. View menus, food available in lounges, airline kits, and much more.
- Amtrak – The official website of Amtrak includes information on train and bus tickets, station info, route details, and more.
- Around The World in 80 Clicks – Includes pictures and stories from people who have visited places around the world.
- AutoSlash – AutoSlash is a free website dedicated to saving people money on car rentals. This is one of the few sites on the Internet that automatically applies the best coupons and discounts, tracks rental price changes right up until the pickup date, and re-books users into these savings automatically.
- Boots n’ All – A one-stop independent travel website. Resources for travelers include planning, guides, reviews, advice, tips, booking links, and much more.
- Castles Directory – The Castles Directory is a website reference for castles, palaces, and monasteries including castle tours. In addition, you’ll find info on medieval architecture, hotels, plans, weddings, castles for sale, souvenirs, books, a directory, the site of the week, and the history of castles. A great site for planning interesting visits to remote historic locations.
- Centers for Disease Control – The CDC’s traveler information website. A good place to check before you go on a trip. Learn about health information for over 200 destinations, information about vaccinations, and how to stay safe while you explore the world.
- CNN travel.com – CNN’s website has a wide variety of resources and travel phone numbers for those who want to see the world.
- Concierge.com – A traveler’s guide from Conde Nast, publisher of Traveler Magazine.
- Earthcams.com – EarthCam provides webcam content, technology, and software. Commencing in 1996, EarthCam began developing proprietary software, network infrastructure, and technical expertise which now allows it to deliver millions of live images from thousands of cameras each day.
- Embassy World – Serving the diplomatic community and the online community since 1996, EmbassyWorld provides a comprehensive list of contact resources for all of the world’s diplomatic offices. Our goal is to provide an easy-to-navigate directory that is clearly laid out and fully cross-indexed. Our database is searchable via a bilateral search engine to search both host location and hosted embassy from dual query boxes. It is our intention to make finding an embassy easy.
- FlyerTalk – FlyerTalk is an interactive community that provides up-to-date information on travel-related loyalty reward programs. It’s the hub that brings everyone together — from leisure explorers to mileage junkies — to converse about programs, get the latest program buzz or discuss how to maximize points or miles.
- Fodor’s – Resources that you’ll want to read as well as reference, our guidebooks, and website offer current and discerning shopping, dining, hotel, and culture recommendations, as well as compelling features and articles that convey the essence of each destination.
- Frommer’s – Frommer’s provides helpful articles written by experts and discussion forums.
- Greyhound – The official website of Greyhound bus company. Use it to plan bus trips and investigate bus routes.
- Human Rights Watch – Human Rights Watch is one of the world’s leading independent organizations dedicated to defending and protecting human rights. By focusing international attention on where human rights are violated, we give voice to the oppressed and hold oppressors accountable for their crimes. Our rigorous, objective investigations and strategic, targeted advocacy build intense pressure for action and raise the cost of human rights abuse.
- HipMonk.com – HipMonk.com makes it faster and easier to find the flight you want. Most flight search sites haven’t changed in years. They have an intimidating search page and endless pages of flight results.
- Hotels.com – Hotels, vacation rentals, packages
- Hotwire – Hotwire is a leading discount travel site that offers flexible leisure travelers a quick and easy way to get better deals on airline tickets, hotel reservations, and car rentals. Through partnerships with leading travel companies, Hotwire can negotiate special hotel prices “Hot-Rates”.
- InfoHub – Helpful guide organized by specialties.
- InsideFlyer – Articles, travel phone numbers, and resources for frequent travelers and frequent flyers.
- Kayak.com – Kayak is a vacation search engine. This means we search hundreds of travel sites from all over the world, provide the information to you in an easy-to-use display and send you directly to the source to make your purchase.
- LastMinute.com – Offers last-minute packages up to 14 days before departure and up to 17 days before holiday weekends.
- Lonely Planet – Online home of the well-known Lonely Planet books.
- MouseSavers.com – Offers last-minute deals and discounts to Disney resorts and theme parks.
- National Geographic – The National Geographic Society has been inspiring people to care about the planet since 1888. It is one of the largest non-profit scientific and educational institutions in the world. Its interests include geography, archaeology, and natural science, the promotion of environmental and historical conservation.
- National Park Service – The National Park Service is a bureau of the U.S. Department of the Interior and is led by a Director nominated by the President and confirmed by the U.S. Senate. Responsible for caring for the U.S. National parks. A helpful resource if you’re planning a trip to a national park.
- Outside Magazine – Outside magazine is an active-lifestyle and adventure-travel magazine dedicated to covering the people, activities, gear, art, and politics of the world outside.
- Orbitz.com Car Rentals – Orbitz is a leading online travel company offering leisure and business travelers a wide selection of low fares as well as deals on lodging, car rentals, cruises, vacation packages, and other travel. Orbitz’s inventory includes 25 rental car companies.
- Orbitz.com – Hotel Reservations – Orbitz is a leading online travel company offering leisure and business travelers a wide selection of low fares as well as deals on lodging, car rentals, cruises, vacation packages, and other travel. Orbitz’s inventory includes 500,000 lodging properties.
- Priceline – Priceline allows you to name your own price for hotels, flights, and rental cars.
- Rough Guides – Rough Guides is a leading publisher of travel and reference information, respected for its accurate, up-to-date content, and informed contemporary writing.
- The Currency Converter – allows people to create and print a currency converter table for their next trip
- The World Clock – Times and dates for every city in the world.
- Time Out – An online guide to what’s happening in the most exciting cities in the world.
- Tourism Offices Worldwide Directory – An online reference guide to official tourist information sources: government tourism offices, convention, and visitors bureaus, chambers of commerce, and similar organizations that provide free, accurate, and unbiased information to the public.
- Travel.com – Resources for people who are traveling the world.
- Travelocity.com Car Rentals – Travelocity pioneered the online travel space and continues to be the most popular travel service on the Web, giving consumers access to reservations and information for more than 50 car rental companies. With 36 million members, Travelocity is the sixth-largest travel agency in the United States. It has been recognized worldwide for its leadership in the online travel space, and it operates or powers Web sites in seven languages across four continents.
- Travelocity.com Cruise Vacations – Travelocity pioneered the online travel space and continues to be the most popular travel service on the Web, giving consumers access to reservations and information for more than 6,500 cruises and vacation packages. With 36 million members, Travelocity is the sixth-largest travel agency in the United States.
- Travelocity.com – Hotel Reservations Travelocity pioneered the online travel space and continues to be the most popular travel service on the Web, giving consumers access to reservations and information for more than 55,000 hotels. With 36 million members, Travelocity is the sixth-largest travel agency in the United States.
- Travelzoo – Collects special travel offers from many sites
- Trip.com – Free search site designed to help travelers like you find the cheapest flights, cheapest hotels, cheapest car rentals, and cheapest vacation packages across all of your favorite travel websites with one easy click.
- Travel+Leisure – Travel and Leisure is a well-known magazine from American Express.
- Travelers’ Health – This site is from the Centers for Disease Control. It provides relevant health information for your destination.
- Travelocity – Airline tickets, car rentals, hotel reservations.
- TripAdvisor – TripAdvisor is one of the top websites designed around traveler feedback. For example, you can read traveler reviews of places to visit, specific hotels, and restaurants, and participate in discussions with others. Plus, you can view trip photos, and more.
- U.S. State Department – The United States State Department issues travel warnings when long-term, protracted conditions make a country dangerous or unstable. The State Department recommends that Americans avoid or consider the risk of visiting that country. The State Department also issues travel warnings when the U.S. Government’s ability to assist American citizens is constrained due to the closure of an embassy or consulate.
- U.S. State Department – Check the U.S. State Department website for country background papers, passport and visa information, warnings, important travel phone numbers, and trip advice before you go on a trip.
- ViaMichelin – Trip guides, hotel and restaurant ratings, directions from Michelin
- Washington Post – The vacation and destination section of the Washington Post.
- World Climate – Find the weather for tens of thousands of places worldwide.
List of Travel Tips
- Sometimes, booking flights on two or more different airlines are cheaper than booking on the same airline
- Lines to the left tend to be shorter
- When packing, tightly-rolled clothes take up less space and are less likely to become wrinkled
- When packing, consider using a plastic bag for items like shoes, or wet clothes
- Put a dryer sheet in your suitcase to help keep your clothes smelling fresh
- While opinions vary widely, some travel experts recommend booking your flight 69 days in advance to get the best deal
If you have any questions about this list of travel phone numbers for Hotels, Car Rental Agencies, and Cruise Lines, please leave a comment below. Also, view other Lists of Lists.
Excellent list. I also suggest Voyages Booth for the travel guides and information.