Resources for Property Records Searches
Private investigation cases often involve property research in one form or another. Whether it is researching the details of physical property such as a house, land, real estate, jewelry, or intellectual property, a private investigator needs to know where to find the information. In addition, private detectives may have to conduct surveillance on subjects that live on various properties.
Use these resources to research a home or neighborhood with a Property Report. Find information such as:
- Home values or worth includes both the purchase price and estimated rent
- Property ownership information, who currently owns the property
- Real estate sales history, when was the home bought and sold
- Property details, including such details as lot size, square footage, number of bedrooms and bathrooms, number of floors, type and more
- Current & previous residents
- Phone numbers associated with the property address
- Area sex offenders, registered in the area
- Satellite & map images and more
Property Records Search Websites
The following websites provide additional resources and information about property records, land records, real estate records and other forms of property investigations.
BeenVerified – BeenVerified offers a comprehensive property records search. Just visit the website and select the appropriate search method. You can lookup records via the property address, the person’s name, phone number or email address.
For example, select the Property tab, enter the address (potential addresses will auto fill as you type) and then click the search button. The form will search through billions of public records and compile a comprehensive report that may include such information as:
- Location information, including the full address, county of residence
- Information about the property, including the lot size, approximate date of construction, number of bedrooms, number of bathrooms
- An aerial map view of the specific address, including the house and surrounding neighborhood
- Ownership details, approximate taxes paid, and more
You’ll get a preview of the report with basic, summarized information. Provide your name and email address to access the full report.
Other Property Lookup Tools
Official Federal Land Patent Records – The Bureau of Land Management provides information about public land transfers. The Bureau of Land Management database covers federal land title records for eastern Public Land States issued between 1820 and 1908 as well as land titles issued between 1908 and the mid-1960’s.
Realtor.com – At REALTOR.com, you can browse public property records for various properties across the United States. You’ll find extensive information about homes, lands and lots for sale. Examples of the information you’ll find on Realtor.com property descriptions include photos, descriptions, details, square footage, lot size, sales history, number of bedrooms, number of bathrooms, information on schools in the local area, taxes paid and much more.
Other Resources for Property Information
In addition to these helpful websites, check out the articles below that provide an overview of useful apps for obtaining property information:
- How to Use Zillow to Prepare for Home Surveillance
- How to Use Google Maps to Plan Surveillance Missions
Questions and Comments
If you have any questions about how to find property records and real estate information, please leave a comment below.