Computer Operating System Software for PC’s, Tablets and Mobile Devices
In computing, an operating system (OS) is an interface between hardware and the user. The operating is responsible for the management and coordination of activities and the sharing of the resources of a computer, that acts as a host for computing applications run on the machine.
One of the primary purposes of an operating system is to handle the resource allocation and access protection of the hardware. This relieves the application programmers from having to manage these details.
Private detectives may need to be familiar with various operating systems for a variety of reasons. First, they may specialize in providing PC forensic analysis or computer investigations. In this case, they will need to be very familiar with the various systems to know how to analyze activity, track down malicious code, identify errors and gather evidence.
Second, regardless of the types of investigations offered by your business, you will undoubtedly run a variety of operating systems on various electronic devices, such as computers, tablets and mobile devices. In this instance, private detectives should be familiar with how the system works to run their business most efficiently.
List of Common PC Operating Systems
- Microsoft Windows – Currently active Windows operating systems include Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Windows 7 and Windows 8. Windows runs on more computers than any other system in the world.
- Google Chromium OS – Google Chrome OS is based on the Linux kernel and designed by Google to work with web applications and installed applications. Chrome is quickly growing in popularity due to its fast speed, stability and ease of use.
- Linux – Linux is an open-source operating system modeled on UNIX.
- Mac OSX – MAC OSX is a series of Unix-based graphical interface operating systems developed and marketed by Apple
- Unix – Unix is a widely used multi-user operating system.
Retired / Discontinued Operating Systems
- Amiga OS – Amiga OS was the proprietary native operating system of the Amiga and AmigaOne personal computers. It was developed first by Commodore International
- IBM and Microsoft’s OS/2
- Mac OS
- Windows 95, Windows 97, Windows 99, NT, Vista
Buy Operating System Software
Centralized Network Surveillance and Monitoring NetVizor Network Surveillance Software is the latest in powerful network surveillance that allows you to
Please note that this product is no longer available. The following is provided for reference purposes only. Find other Detective
Cell phones and mobile devices are some of the most common possessions in the world. In a very short time, mobile