Cheating spouses often exhibit noticeable changes in behavior. Catching a cheating spouse may be difficult and even require the use of a private investigator. Private investigators may use personal surveillance techniques, video taping, or photography to obtain proof of the infidelity. In some cases, a private investigator may do a background check on the individual to obtain information other their past. Use the List of Signs of a Cheating Spouse below to learn what to look for.
List of Signs of a Cheating Spouse
Following is a list of behavioral signs that may help you catch a cheating spouse. If you are suspicious that your spouse or significant other is cheating, pay close attention for these possible warning signs.
Individually, each of these signs do not mean that your spouse is cheating. What you are looking for is a pattern of suspicious behavior that collectively points toward cheating.
- Your spouse starts working a lot of overtime, such as going into the office early or coming home late. You may notice that it is also difficult to get in touch with them on their office line during these extra hours.
- Your husband or wife uses the internet often and wants privacy while doing so. You may notice that they quickly close their screen, or flip to another tab on their web browser when you walk in the room.
- Extra mileage on the odometer. This one is hard to monitor, but if you are truly curious, you could keep a log of the actual miles used and compare it too what “should” be used during the course of a normal day. Secret partners may live out of the local area, so long drives would be necessary in such cheating situations.
- Your spouse hides their cell phone bill / house phone bill
- Your spouse often says ” It’s your imagination “
- Your spouse receives “hang up” phone calls
- Your significant other is not interested in having sex anymore
- Doesn’t wear their wedding ring
- New sexual techniques
- Often says ” I need my space”
- Shows a sudden interest in a different type of music
- Your wife’s or husband’s co-workers are uncomfortable in your presence
- Spouse has a sudden preoccupation with his or her appearance
- Spends an excessive amount of time on the computer when you are asleep
- The amount of money being deposited into your checking account drops off
- You find items of intimate apparel that you did not give your spouse
- Your partner seems less comfortable around you
- You receive calls where the caller hangs up
- Your notice a change in attitude towards everyone in the home
- Spouse uses a low voice or whisper on the phone or hangs up quickly
- Your spouse begins to delete all incoming phone calls from the caller ID
- Your spouse deletes all incoming e-mails when they used to accumulate
- A cheating spouse will have a change in grooming habits
- Your partner picks fights and argues with you more over little things
- If your spouse is dressing nicer, looking nicer, it may be because they are trying to impress someone, and possibly cheating
- Look for charges on your credit card account that aren’t familiar. A cheating spouse may use a credit card to pay for trips, hotels, meals and drinks as they rendezvous with their secret partner.
If you have any questions about this List of Signs of a Cheating Spouse, please leave a comment below.