Investing Websites and Online Investment Research Tools
Investing is putting money into something with the expectation of profit. Investment is the commitment of money or capital to the purchase of financial instruments or other assets so as to gain profitable returns in the form of interest, dividends, or appreciation of the value of the instrument (capital gains).
Generally, investing is related to saving or deferring consumption.
Investment is involved in many areas of the economy, such as business management and finance for households, companies, or governments.
An investment involves the choice by an individual or an organization, such as a pension fund, after some analysis or thought, to place or lend money in a financial vehicle, instrument or asset, such as property, commodity, stock, bond, financial derivatives (e.g. futures or options), that has certain level of risk and provides the possibility of generating financial returns over a period of time.
Private detectives and police officers who conduct financial investigations, asset investigations and forensic accounting should be familiar with the many different types of investments.
Online Investing Resources and Online Investment Websites
The following are online investment websites that provide online investing advice, investment news, investing tools and more.
- eTrade.com – E*TRADE is an innovative financial services company offering a full suite of easy-to-use online brokerage, investing and related banking solutions, delivered at a competitive price. We empower individuals to take control of their financial futures by providing the products, tools and services they need to meet their near- and long-term investing goals.
- Fidelity.com – Fidelity Investments is an international provider of financial services and investment resources that help individuals and institutions meet their financial objectives.
- Quotestream.com – QuoteMedia’s Award Winning portfolio manager with complete access to streaming market data, quotes, charts, news, option chains, level II, and research information from your desktop computer or wireless handheld device.
- Motley Fool – Online investing website that provides investment advice, financial discussion forums and resources for investors.
- Pimco.com – One of the largest specialty fixed income managers in the world, with $720.6 billion in assets under management and more than 900 employees in offices in Newport Beach, New York, Singapore, Tokyo, London, Sydney, Munich, Toronto and Hong Kong.
- Sharebuilder.com – ShareBuilder is designed to make investing easy and affordable for everyone.
- SeekingAlpha.com – Seeking Alpha is the leading provider of stock market opinion and analysis from blogs, money managers and investment newsletters, and a provider of its own high-value, complementary financial content.
Searching for Someone? We recommend US Search, the leading provider of People Search and Background Check reports. US Search has an extensive selection of people search reports, background checks, criminal records, court records, real estate and financial reports. Run a Background Check at US SEARCH
Investing News Websites
- Investing – AOL Money & Finance – Investing tips, advice, and detailed news for every market. Updated information on mutual fund investing, stock market investing and more.
- The Street – Provides a wide variety of financial news, commentary, content, tools and calculators to help investors and financial analysts.
- Yahoo Finance – Free stock quotes, up to date news, portfolio management resources, international market data, message boards, and mortgage rates
A stock market or equity market is a public entity for the trading of shares of company stock and derivatives
What is a Bank? A bank is a depository financial institution: a financial institution that accepts deposits and channels the
What is a Checking Account? With a checking account, physical paper checks or electronic checks are used to withdraw money