Overview of the CSI Miami TV Series
The CSI Miami TV Series (also known as Crime Scene Investigation: Miami) is an American police procedural television show, which premiered on September 23, 2002, on the CBS network. The CSI Miami TV series is a spin-off of the popular show CSI: Crime Scene Investigation.
The plot of the CSI: Miami television series follows a South Florida forensics team headed by detective Horatio Caine, played by actor David Caruso. The show is set against a backdrop of heated ethnic and cultural tensions in South Florida. Caine’s forensic team is responsible for investigating cases similar to those of their Las Vegas counterparts. The show’s characters use forensic science, powerful deduction, and the latest technology and tools to solve crimes, most often murders.
List of CSI Miami Primary Cast Members
- Adam Rodriguez
- David Caruso as Horatio Caine
- Eddie Cibrian
- Emily Procter
- Eva LaRue
- Jonathan Togo
- Khandi Alexander
- Kim Delaney
- Megalyn Echikunwoke
- Omar Benson Miller
- Rex Linn
- Rory Cochrane
- Sofia Milos
CSI Miami TV Series Episodes
The CSI Miami TV series ran for 10 seasons with a total of 232 episodes. Episodes ranged from 39 to 45 minutes in length. All of the seasons and episodes are available on DVD at Amazon.com. In addition, the DVD series contains over 10 hours of extra footage. View a full list of episode names on the show’s Wikipedia page.
Production Company and Executive Producers
The long list of production companies for the series includes Jerry Bruckheimer Television, Alliance Atlantis (seasons one through six), CBS Productions (seasons one through four), and CBS Paramount Network Television (seasons five to seven), and CBS Television Studios (seasons eight to ten).
The also long list of executive producers includes Ann Donahue, Anthony E. Zuiker, Barry O’Brien, Carol Mendelsohn, Danny Cannon, David Black, Jerry Bruckheimer, Jonathan Littman, Nancy Miller, and Sam Strangis, Stephen Zito, and Sunil Nayar.
Awards and Recognition
CSI Miami was well received by the viewing audience. Many critics described the series as better than the original CSI. In addition, the show received numerous nominations and won many awards. Here are some of the ratings from various review sites:
- MetaCritic rates the series a 63 out of 100
- The series received a rating of 6.4 out of 10 stars on IMDB
- TV.com gives the series a nice 8.6 out of 10
- Many of the DVDs for sale on Amazon.com have customer ratings of 4 out of 5 stars
- We give the show a rating of 3.5 out of 5 stars based on its strong cast, quality scripting, and interesting plot lines. We were sad that the show was canceled after 10 seasons. It could have easily gone on for five more and would still be interesting.
- The majority of the series wasn’t even filmed in Miami. In fact, most of it was filmed in California. Also, indoor scenes were filmed in a studio in Manhattan Beach. Many of the beach scenes were shot in Long Beach, Manhattan Beach, and Redondo Beach.
Questions and Comments
If you have any questions or comments about the CSI Miami TV Series, please post below. Or, check out other Police Crime Dramas on DVD.