Weather Research Tools, Websites and Apps for Planning Surveillance and Travel
Weather is the state of the atmosphere with respect to heat or cold, wetness or dryness, calm or storm, clearness or cloudiness. Weather is the specific condition of the atmosphere at a particular place and time.
It is measured in terms of such things as wind, temperature, humidity, atmospheric pressure, cloudiness, and precipitation. In most places, weather can change from hour-to-hour, day-to-day, and season-to-season. Weather is also defined as the state of the atmosphere at a given time that includes temperature, precipitation, humidity, pressure, winds.
Weather Websites & Resources
Following are the most popular websites for conducting research about weather. Many of these websites also offer an app that can be downloaded and installed on your mobile phone or tablet computer. This puts the weather right at your fingertips, regardless of your location.
- AccuWeather.com – This website provides local Weather Forecasts and International Weather Forecasts. Weather reports include hurricane weather, world weather and local weather forecasts plus radars, news & weather maps. Also available as an app for smart phones.
- CNN Weather – This site provides Weather Forecasts and Maps at CNN.com. Local weather forecast and maps for Atlanta, GA (30303). Get current conditions & 5-day forecasts plus radar, satellite, and temperature maps.
- Intellicast – Intellicast provides Local and National Weather Forecast, Radar, Maps …The Authority in Expert Weather. Get free, 24X7 weather brought to you by WSI – the source for weather the FAA, hundreds of TV stations, and the nation’s. This website has some of the best weather radar maps.
- MSN Weather – Local, National, and International Weather – Forecasts, Radar Maps, Current conditions, forecasts, news, video, satellite and Doppler radar maps, and more.
- National Weather Service – NOAA’s National Weather Service. Official US weather, marine, fire and aviation forecasts, warnings, meteorological products, climate forecasts and information about meteorology. This is the place to go for the official word on tropical depressions, tropical storms, hurricanes and other related topics.
- The Saffir-Simpson Hurricane Scale, Hurricane severity – An explanation of the Saffir-Simpson Hurricane Scale, Hurricane severity scale.
- Weather.com – National and Local Forecast, Radar, Map and Report. The Weather Channel and weather.com provide a national and local weather forecast for cities worldwide, as well as weather radar, map and report. Current Weather, Doppler Radar, Storm Watch Enlarge, Daily Traveler Maps Index, Map Room
- Weather Underground – Weather forecasts for the United STates and the world with a fast, easy to use interface. Includes weather maps, graphics and radar images.
- Yahoo Weather – Forecasts on Yahoo! including forecasts, research resources and categories.
Private detectives may need to leverage weather resources to plan surveillance missions and travel. Pictures and videos of subjects are much more clear on sunny days. Having knowledge of the current and upcoming weather can be valuable to a private eye. Specialized detectives such as arson investigators and accident reconstruction investigators will also deal with weather-related issues on a regular basis.
The United States Army National Guard is part of the National Guard and is divided up into subordinate units stationed
Private detectives spend a lot of time looking up information on the internet, including conducting searches on the most popular