What is Weather?
Weather is the state of the atmosphere with respect to heat or cold, wetness or dryness, calm or storm, clearness or cloudiness. Weather is the specific condition of the atmosphere at a particular place and time.
It is measured in terms of such things as wind, temperature, humidity, atmospheric pressure, cloudiness, and precipitation. In most places, weather can change from hour-to-hour, day-to-day, and season-to-season. Weather is also defined as the state of the atmosphere at a given time that includes temperature, precipitation, humidity, pressure, winds.
Websites & Resources
Following are some of the most popular websites for conducting research about weather. Many of these websites also offer an app that can be downloaded and installed on your mobile phone or tablet computer. This puts the helpful planning informaiton right at your fingertips, regardless of your location.
- AccuWeather.com – This website provides local forecasts and International Forecasts. Weather reports include hurricane tracking, world climate and local forecasts plus radars, news & weather maps. Also available as an app for smart phones.
- CNN Weather – This site provides forecasts and Maps at CNN.com. In addition to many other features, you can get current conditions & five-day forecasts plus radar, satellite, and temperature maps.
- Intellicast – Intellicast provides Local and National Forecasts, Radar, Maps …The Authority in Expert Weather. Get free, 24X7 climate info brought to you by WSI – the source for the FAA, hundreds of TV stations, and the nation’s. This website has some of the best radar maps.
- MSN Weather – Local, National, and International results including- Forecasts, Radar Maps, Current conditions, forecasts, news, video, satellite and Doppler radar maps, and more.
- National Weather Service – NOAA’s National Weather Service. Official US, marine, fire and aviation forecasts, warnings, meteorological products, climate forecasts and information about meteorology. This is the place to go for the official word on tropical depressions, tropical storms, hurricanes and other related topics.
- The Saffir-Simpson Hurricane Scale, Hurricane severity – An explanation of the Saffir-Simpson Hurricane Scale, Hurricane severity scale.
- Weather.com – National and Local Forecast, Radar, Map and Report. The Weather Channel and weather.com provide a national and local forecast for cities worldwide, as well as radar, map and report. current results, Doppler Radar, Storm Watch Enlarge, Daily Traveler Maps Index, Map Room
- Weather Underground – Includes forecasts for the United STates and the world with a fast, easy to use interface. Includes maps, graphics and radar images.
- Yahoo Weather – Forecasts on Yahoo! including forecasts, research resources and categories.
Private detectives may need to leverage these research resources to plan surveillance missions and travel. Pictures and videos of subjects are much more clear on sunny days. Having knowledge of the current and upcoming climate can be valuable to a private eye. Specialized detectives such as arson investigators and accident reconstruction investigators will also deal with weather-related issues on a regular basis.