Conversion of units refers to conversion factors between different units of measurement for the same quantity.
Following are websites that provide information about weights and measurements. Most offer a variety of unit conversion tools.
- Convert It! – A collection of helpful conversion tools.
- ConvertAuto.com – A helpful conversion site that provides an extensive number of conversion tools such as: Angles, Area, Cooking, Currency, Density, Energy, Force, Frequency, Fuel Economy, Length, Power, Pressure, Speed, Temperature, Volume, and Weight.
- Currency Calculator – Provider of foreign exchange, currency trading, and information services to Forex Traders, businesses and travelers.
- Dictionary of Units of Measurement – Dictionary of units of measurement.
- Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) – The office Greenwich Mean Time.
- Horology – Horology is the science of measuring time and the art of making timepieces. In this website you will find many useful references to antiques and collecting, watch and clock repair, the development of timekeeping and calendars through the ages, watch and clockmakers, organizations, and museums. And much more. The science of time, timekeepers (watches, clocks) and timekeeping.
- How Far Is It? – Calculates the distance between 500 cities worldwide and provides very basic information about each location
- Megaconverter – megaConverter.com is an ever-growing set of weights, measures and units conversion/calculation modules. megaConverters allow users to discover things like how many seconds old they are, the difference between a gallon in the USA and a gallon in the UK, how many nanometers in an inch, how many quarts in a chaldron, and what the heck a nebuchadnezzar is. Every module has its own on-line info system built in. For just about anything you can think of, megaConverter can show you its equivalent. They’re convenient, educational and fun. megaConverter will become an indispensable source for conversions as well as interesting information.
- NIST Time and Frequency Division – Develops and operates standards of time and frequency. The Time and Frequency Division, part of the NIST Physics Laboratory, maintains the standard for frequency and time interval for the United States, provides official time to the United States, and carries out a broad program of research and service activities in time and frequency metrology.
- Periodic Table of the Elements – A dynamic Periodic Table of the Elements that allows you to visually drill down into the table. Great for scientists, investigators and students. This is really the only periodic table you’ll ever need.
- Temperature Conversion Calculator – Convert temperatures from and to – Fahrenheit, Celsius, Kelvin, Reaumur, and Rankine.
- Unit Conversion Factors – Unit conversion factors.
- U.S. Metric Association (USMA) – The U.S. Metric Association (USMA), Inc., is a national non-profit organization that was founded in 1916. It advocates U.S. conversion to the International System of Units, known by the abbreviation SI and also called the modern metric system. The process of changing measurement units to the metric system is called metric transition or metrication.
- WWW Unit Converter – Easy to use converter tools and tricks.
- World Time Zones Maps with Current Time – World time zone maps. Interactive features allow you to drill down into various regions to see more specific time zone information. This may be helpful in your investigation if you’re planning international travel, or if you are trying to piece together a timeline of events that occurred across multiple time zones.