The Closer Television Series / TV Show on DVD
The Closer TV Show Overview
The Closer television series is an American crime drama that aired on the TNT network from 2005 to 2012. The series stars actress Kyra Sedgwick as Deputy Chief Brenda Leigh Johnson, a Georgia police detective who moves to Los Angeles to lead the Priority Murder Squad (later renamed to the Priority Homicide Division), a special police team that focuses specifically on high profile murder cases.
Kyra Sedgwick plays Brenda Johnson, a hard-nosed,straight-talking, analytical and brilliant detective who always gets results.
At the end of the summer season four of The Closer TV show, the special police detective unit is reassigned to handle a range of crimes including fraud and kidnapping, and is then renamed the Major Crimes Division.
The Closer television series was created by James Duff and the Shephard Robin Company, also in association with Warner Bros. Television. The 15-episode fourth season of the Closer TV series ran in two parts, with a ten-week summer season and a five-week winter season.
Season Episodes of The Closer on DVD
- The Closer – The Complete First Season on DVD (2005), which includes a total of 13 episodes.
- The Closer TV Show – The Complete Second Season on DVD (2005) – All 15 episodes from the 2006-2007 are included in a four-disc box set.
- The Closer Television Series – The Complete Third Season on DVD – Includes 14 episodes.
- The Complete Fourth Season on DVD (2009) – The boxed set includes the full season, along with delicious extras, including a blooper reel, featurette with Corey Reynolds, deleted scenes, and more.
- Season Five had 15 episodes
- Season Six had 15 episodes
- Season Seven had 21 episodes
The show was nominated for a slew of awards including Golden Globe Awards, Screen Actors Guild Awards, Saturn Awards, Emmy’s and many more. Kyra Sedgwick was nominated and won in almost every season the show was on air. Overall, the show had top ratings throughout its television run.
Check out other Police Crime Dramas on DVD.
Hill Street Blues is a police drama television show that was first aired on the NBC television network in 1981. The
An Overview of the Moonlighting TV Show Moonlighting was an American television series that first aired on the ABC television