What is Technical Support?
Application Support or Technical support (also called tech support, or IT support) is a range of services providing assistance with technology products such as mobile phones, televisions, computers, software products or other electronic or mechanical goods. Examples of different types of technical support are:
- Computer or PC support
- Server support
- Mobile phone support
- Electronic device support
Technical support companies attempt to help users solve specific problems with a product. Though most people associate tech support with computers, technical support may be necessary for almost any product, especially electronics. Most companies offer technical support for the products they sell, either freely available or for a fee. These types of support services are usually referred to as a “help desk”.
Technical support may be delivered via the telephone or online by e-mail or a website or a tool where users can log a call or incident. Larger organizations frequently have internal technical support available to their staff for computer related problems.
The internet is also a good source for freely available tech support, where experienced users may provide advice and assistance with problems.
Technical Support Resources
Following are various technical support resources.
- Bandwidth Speed Test – Technical support website that provides various bandwidth speed tests including upload and download speeds for your computer.
- Dell Technical Support – Dell Support offers drivers, technical support and other resources online. Dell support is customized to meet your needs.
- Driver Guide – A massive database of drivers, firmware, and support documents that is by far the largest and most comprehensive on the Web.
- Microsoft Office – Resources for learning about Microsoft Office and its various components.
- PC Diagnostics – PC Pit stop has many different diagnostic tests for your computer. Test your internet upload and download speeds, scan your computer for necessary driver updates, check for malware and viruses, and much more.
- PC Mechanic – PCMech is about computers and technology and what you can do with it. PCMech is respected technology blog featuring tips, tutorials and news designed to help you take the fast-changing world of technology and actually put it to use in your life.
- Protonic Support – protonic.com is an online community that provides Technical support to computer users for free. All the Technicians are volunteers, and we have been featured in many media publications. If you have a computer problem – anything from hardware to HTML problems – submit your question to us! You should receive an answer to your question in your E-Mail and through our easy to use Web Interface.
- Tech Support Guy – Since 1996, Tech Support Guy has been providing free technical support to computer users of all experience levels.