Spy and Espionage Books: The History and Future of Spying
Spying is not just something that happens in the movies. Spying, also known as espionage, is quite common in the corporate world, and is always a threat within government organizations, the military and the internet. Spies use many of the same techniques used by private detectives and both can learn important techniques from one another.
The following books provide helpful information on the subject of spies, espionage and spying. Read about real-world spies and pick up new ideas, techniques and information that can be applied to your investigative toolbox.
- The Master of Disguise: My Secret Life in the CIA – Learn about the art of disguise and the role it plays in conducting effective espionage missions. Read about real life techniques used by real agents in the Central Intelligence Agency.
- Operatives, Spies, and Saboteurs: The Unknown Story of the Men and Women of World War II’s OSS – Read true stories about secret operatives who were active during the second world war. Spooks from both sides of the war used secrets, special equipment, deception and more to steal secrets.
- The Spy’s Guide: Office Espionage – This helpful guide provides information on applying spy techniques to the corporate world. It includes information on tapping phones, sending anonymous email messages, disguises, and more. Helpful for detectives and loss protection specialists who work in a corporate environment.
- SPYING: The Secret History of Spying – Provides information on the history of spying and espionage. Includes interviews with legendary spies, historical letters, photographs, and descriptions of spy equipment used. An interesting read for anyone who love the history of the craft.
- Spying with Maps: Surveillance Technologies and the Future of Privacy – Explains how maps offer insight into the movements and activities of people, government, military and terrorist organizations. Discusses the increased use of geographic data, satellite imagery and Global Positioning System (GPS) location tracking in fields such as law enforcement and military intelligence.
Buy these and other Spy and Espionage Books at Amazon.com.
Searching Someone? We recommend US Search, the leading provider of People Search and Background Check reports. US Search has an extensive selection of people search reports, background checks, criminal records, court records, real estate and financial reports.
Learn How to Map Your Next Surveillance Mission Understanding how to read maps is a basic skill of a private
What is Self Defense? Self-defense or self-defense is a personal countermeasure that involves defending oneself, one’s property or the well-being
Private investigators often have prior experience in law Enforcement. Many P.I.’s worked as a police officer, detective, sheriff, or even