NYPD Blue is an American television police drama series set in New York City that ran on the ABC network from 1993 to 2005. The show ran for a total of twelve seasons, which included 261 episodes. The show was created by Steven Bochco and David Milch and inspired by Milch’s relationship with Bill Clark, a former member of the New York City Police Department who eventually became one of the show’s producers.
The television show explores the internal and external struggles of the fictional 15th precinct of Manhattan. Each NYPD Blue television episode typically covers a day and intertwines several plots involving an ensemble cast. It received critical praise due to it’s realistic portrayal of life as a detective, both on the streets and in their off-duty life.
- John Kelly (David Caruso)
- Andy Sipowicz (Dennis Franz)
NYPD Blue on DVD
- NYPD Blue: Season 1 on DVD -The first season of the NYPD Blue television series on DVD.
- NYPD Blue: Season 2 on DVD – Includes all episodes from the second season and a one-hour documentary.
- The Complete Third Season on DVD (1993)
- The Complete Fourth Season Episodes on DVD (1993)
Check out other Police Crime Dramas on DVD.