What Are Night Vision Binoculars?
Night vision binoculars (also called night vision goggles), scopes and weapon sights provide a person with the ability to see in a dark environment. Night vision is made possible by a combination of two approaches, which involve sufficient spectral range, and sufficient intensity range.
Who Needs Night Vision Binoculars?
Private investigators and police officers may use night vision binoculars, goggles, scopes and weapons sights while conducting night time surveillance investigations to view the activity of their subject. Many secret relationships and marital infidelity takes place at night, so this equipment is critical to catching subjects while they are active. Using these devices, private eyes and law enforcement officials can remain far away at a safe distance and still keep a close eye on their subject.
The goal of using such a device is to see clearly in the dark while others have trouble seeing. The physical device consists of an infrared image intensifier tube in a rigid casing, commonly used by military forces.
How Are The Night Vision Devices Used?
Example of ways the device can be used include: Distance observation, surveillance missions, subject tracking, hiking, camping, cave exploration, commercial and sport fishing, law enforcement search and rescue
The night vision goggle is a night vision device with dual eyepieces; the device can utilize either one intensifier tube with the same image sent to both eyes, or a separate image intensifier tube for each eye. Other types of binoculars include monocular night vision devices with only one eyepiece which may be mounted to firearms as night sights. Note, these are sometimes referred to as infrared binoculars.
Typical Product Features
Following are some of the features that can be found on various devices:
- Dual eye diopter adjustment
- High resolution intensifiers which help improve clarify
- Central focusing
- Multi-coated optics
- Modern ergonomic design for easy use
- Rubber armor protection improves durability and protects against accidental drops
- Water and fog resistant for extreme outdoor use
- Significant viewing range distance for nighttime surveillance missions
- Magnification doubler (increases the viewing range), great for viewing subjects at a distance
- Compact body with premium rubberized finish for optimum protection and durability
- Precise Diopter Adjustment
- Built-in Infrared Illuminators for viewing in complete darkness, helping to keep you out of sight
- Steel stringer system for additional precision and control
- Objective Lens
- Ocular Lens
Typical accessories that are included with the purchase of a device are: Batteries, which are usually lithium, a neck strap, protective storage and carrying case.