Magnum P.I. Television Show: Season Episodes on DVD
Magnum, P.I. was a popular television show starring actor Tom Selleck as Thomas Magnum. Thomas Magnum is a fictional private investigator living in Oahu, Hawaii. The Magnum P.I. TV series ran from 1980 to 1988 (eight seasons) in first-run broadcast on the CBS television network for a total of 162 episodes.
The Magnum PI television series was created by Donald P. Bellisario and Glen A. Larson. The Magnum P.I. TV show was directed by Corey Allen, Ray Austin.
The basic premise of the Magnum P.I. television series is: A Former Naval Intelligence officer named Thomas Magnum resigns his commission in the Navy to become a private investigator on the north shore of Oahu, Hawaii. The television season episodes chronicle the private investigation efforts of Thomas and his colleagues. The private detective show had the right balance of interesting plot, mystery action sequences, and humor.
The Magnum, P.I. television series consistently ranked in the top twenty U.S. television programs during the first five years the series was originally telecast in the United States. Undoubtedly, the show inspired many people to become a private investigator.
Magnum P.I. Television Show Episodes on DVD
Following are videos and DVDs of the popular TV series season episodes starring Tom Selleck.
Magnum, P.I. – The Complete First Season on DVD – The first season on DVD includes a five-disc package that contains the entire 18 episodes of the first season and a few rarely seen episodes. The two-part pilot episodes are also included in this exceptional set. The TV show became a major hit for a number of reasons. First, the considerable charm of its main character, Thomas Magnum, played by actor Tom Selleck. In addition, the show was set in Hawaii and is filmed at numerous beautiful locations. In addition, the supporting cast is top notch, including his buddies T.C. and Rick, who are always there to help him out on a case, though they never miss an opportunity to give him a hard time. The scripting is always interesting, funny, and witty. Most of Thomas’s actions fail to meet the approval of Higgins, the servant to Robin Master’s estate where Thomas lives. The interactions and witty banter between the two characters is part of the show’s main appeal.
Following are other titles:
- Magnum, P.I. – The Complete Second Season on DVD – Includes 22 episodes from season two on a three-disc set.
- The Complete Third Season on DVD – Three double-sided disc set that includes all 22 episodes from season 3. Includes a bonus preview from the fourth season.
- The Complete Fourth Season on DVD – Features 21 episodes from season 4.
- The Complete Fifth Season – This package includes a five disc set with 22 episodes. Includes a preview of season six and a classic bonus episode.
- The Complete Sixth Season – This package include all 20 episodes and a sneak peek at season seven on this five-disc set.
- The Complete Seventh Season – This set includes 21 episodes and several bonus features.
- Tom Selleck won an Emmy in 1984 for his portrayal of Thomas Magnum
- John Hillerman also won an Emmy in 1987 for his role as Higgins
Check out other Police Crime Dramas on DVD.
The Miami Spin-off from the Hit TV Series CSI: Miami (also known as Crime Scene Investigation: Miami) is an American
The Closer TV Show Overview The Closer television series is an American crime drama that aired on the TNT network
Law & Order TV Show Overview Law & Order is an American police procedural and legal drama television series created