Cheating spouses often exhibit noticeable changes in behavior. Catching a cheating spouse may be difficult and even require the use of a private investigator. Private investigators may use personal surveillance techniques, videotaping, or photography to obtain proof of infidelity. Sometimes, a private investigator may do a background check on the individual to obtain information other than their past. Use the List of Signs of a Cheating Spouse below to learn what to look for.
List of Signs of a Cheating Spouse
A list of behavioral signs may help you catch a cheating mate. If you are suspicious that your husband, wife, significant other, boyfriend, or girlfriend is cheating on your, pay close attention to these possible warning signs.
Each of these signs does not mean your partner is cheating. You are looking for a pattern of suspicious behavior that collectively points toward cheating.
- Your spouse starts working a lot of overtime, such as going into the office early or coming home late. You may notice that contacting them on their office line is also difficult during these extra hours.
- Your husband or wife uses the internet often and wants privacy. You may notice that they quickly close their screen or flip to another tab on their web browser when you walk into the room.
- Extra mileage on the odometer. This one is hard to monitor, but if you are truly curious, you could keep a log of the actual miles used and compare it to what “should” be used during the course of a normal day. Secret partners may live outside the local area, so long drives would be necessary for such cheating situations.
- Hides their cell phone bill/house phone bill
- Your spouse often says, ” It’s your imagination.”
- They receive “hang up” phone calls.
- Spending more time away from home.
- Your significant other is not interested in having sex anymore
- Doesn’t wear their wedding ring
- New sexual techniques
- Often says, ” I need my space.” Or “I need some alone time.”
- Shows a sudden interest in a different type of music
- Your wife’s or husband’s co-workers are uncomfortable in your presence (because they know the truth)
- Spouse has a sudden preoccupation with his or her personal appearance. Sometimes, this can signal they are getting attention from (or want attention from) someone else.
- Spends an excessive amount of time on the computer when you are asleep.
- The amount of money being deposited into your checking account suddenly drops off. This suggests that money is being diverted elsewhere, such as a separate bank account or another individual.
- You find items of intimate apparel that you did not give to them.
- Your partner seems less comfortable around you
- You receive calls where the caller hangs up
- Your notice a change in attitude towards everyone in the home
- They use a low voice or whisper on the phone or hang up quickly
- Your significant other begins to delete all incoming phone calls from the caller ID
- Your partner deleted all incoming e-mails when they used to accumulate.
- A cheating spouse will have a change in grooming habits
- Your partner picks fights and argues with you more often over seemingly minor things. Plus, they seem more argumentative and more irritable.
- If your husband or wife is dressing nicer or looking nicer, it may be because they are trying to impress someone and possibly cheating.
- Look for charges on your credit card, debit card, or bank accounts that you aren’t familiar with. A cheating spouse may use a credit card to pay for trips, hotels, meals, and drinks as they rendezvous with their secret partner.
Please comment below if you have any questions about this List of Signs of a Cheating Spouse. If you’d like to learn more about someone’s background, check out BeenVerified, TruthFinder, Intelius, or Spokeo. You can search billions of online public records to see if they are telling the truth about who they are.