List of Fun and Interesting Facts and Statistics – Page 16
- The ashes of the average cremated person weigh nine pounds
- The Australian $5,$10,$20,$50 and $100 notes are made out of plastic
- The average 1 1/4 lb. lobster is 7 to 9 years old
- The average American consumes 9 pounds of food additives every year
- The average American eats at McDonalds more than 1,800 times in their life
- The average American uses eight times as much fuel energy as an average person anywhere else in the world
- The average American/Canadian drinks about 600 sodas a year
- The average American/Canadian will eat about 11.9 pounds of cereal per year
- The average car produces a pound of pollution every 25 miles
- The average child will eat 1,500 peanut butter and jelly sandwiches by the he/she graduates from high school
- The average chocolate bar has 8 insects” legs in it
- The average city dog lives three years longer than the average country dog
- The average coach airline meal costs the airline $4.00. The average first class meal: $50
- The average company saves over $7,000 for each employee suggestion that is enacted
- The average female will have 3.3 pregnancies in her life
- The average French citizen eats 500 snails per year
- ‘The average housefly lives only two weeks
- The average housefly weighs 10 to 15 millionths of a pound
- ‘The average housewife walks 10 miles a day around the house doing her chores
- The average human body contains enough fat to make seven bars of soap
- The average human body contains enough iron to make a small nail
- The average ice berg weighs 20,000,000 tons
- The average life span of a hermit crab is 75 years
- The average life span of a major league baseball is 5-7 pitches.
The average life span of a peasant during the medieval ages was 25 years.
The average office worker spends 50 minutes a day looking for lost files and other items.
The average person can live for eleven days without water, assuming an average temperature of 60 degrees Fahrenheit.
‘The average person has over 1,460 dreams a year!
‘The average person laughs 13 times a day!
‘The average person spends three years of his or her life on a toilet.
‘The average person walks the equivalent of twice around the world in a lifetime
‘The average single man is one inch shorter than the average married man.
‘The average taste bud lives only 10 days before it dies and is replaced by a new one.
‘The average temperature at 40,000 feet above sea level is -60 F.
‘The average U.S. farm has 467 acres; the average Japanese farm has 3 acres.
‘The bagpipe was first made from the liver of a sheep.
‘The ball on top of a flagpole is called a ”truck”.
‘The banana tree cannot reproduce itself. It can be propagated only by the hand of man.
‘The Bank of America was originally the Bank of Italy!
The best diamonds are colored blue-white.
The best recorded distance for projectile vomiting is 27 feet.
The Bible is the most-shoplifted book in the world.
The blesbok, a South African antelope, is almost the same color as grape juice
The Blue Whale’s tongue weighs more than an adult elephant!
The can opener was invented 48 years after the can.
The Canary Islands were not named after a bird called the canary. They were named after a breed of dogs!
The chances of making two holes-in-one in a round of golf are one in 67 million.
‘The chances of you dying on the way to get your lottery tickets is greater than your chances of winning.
The chemicals indole and skatole, which help to account for the particular smell of human feces, are used as ingredients in perfume!
The Chinese ideogram for trouble depicts two women living under one roof
The Chow and the Chinese Shar-Pei are the only dogs that have black tongues
‘The cicada, a fly found in Africa, spends 17 years of its life sleeping; and only two weeks is awake during which mates and then dies.
‘The cigarette lighter was invented before the match.
‘The city of Houston, Texas is built on a swamp and is slowly sinking!
‘The city of Las Vegas has the most hotel rooms in the world.
‘The country of Brazil is named after the brazil nut.
‘The creator of the NIKE Swoosh symbol was paid only $35 for the design.
‘The cruise liner, ”Queen Elizabeth 2”, moves only six inches for each gallon of diesel that it burns.
‘The Dallas/Ft. Worth airport is larger than New York City”s Manhattan Island.
‘The distress code ”Mayday” comes from the French for help me, M”Aide!
‘The dot over the letter ”i” is called a tittle.
‘The Earth gets 100 tons heavier every day due to falling space dust.
‘The Earth gets heavier each day by tons, as meteoric dust settles on it.
‘The earth is .02 degrees hotter during a full moon.
‘The earth rotates more slowly on its axis in March than in September.
‘The earth travels through space at 660,000 miles per hour.
‘The Earth weighs around 6,600,000,000,000,000,000,000 tons (5,940 billion billion metric tons)!
An airport code is the the three-letter alpha code that is assigned to each airport. Following is a list of
On average, it takes 660 days from conception for an elephant to give birth On some Caribbean islands, the oysters