Human Resources, often referred to as HR, is the function within a business organization that monitors the availability of qualified workers; recruits and screens new applicants for jobs, and addresses various issues related to company policies and procedures. Most companies have a Human Resource department or function within their business.
Human Resource groups are often responsible for such business activities as: recruiting, interviewing, employee evaluation, employee engagements, dispute resolution, and career development. Private detectives may need to navigate through HR departments when gathering information for an employee screening or background investigation. Having an understanding of their purpose and function will help private eyes obtain the information they need.
List of Human Resources Websites
Following are websites related to the HR industry.
- Council on Employee Benefits (CEB) – The Council on Employee Benefits stimulates the development and improves the administration of sound, progressive employee benefit plans among its members.
- National Human Resources Association (NHRA) – The National Human Resources Associations is a network of local affiliates focused on advancing the development of human resource professionals.
- Northwest Human Resource Management Association (NHRMA) – The Northwest Human Resource Management Association is a regional association of professional Human Resource association chapters. The NHRMA consists of 28 chapters in the states of Alaska, Oregon, and Washington and represents more than 7,900 Human Resource professionals.
- Professionals in Human Resources Association (PIHRA) – Professionals In Human Resources Association was founded as the Personnel and Industrial Relations Association in 1944 by a small group of Los Angeles personnel executives. The group organized to provide a forum in which Human Resource professionals could exchange ideas, increase their knowledge of and work together for the betterment of the profession.
- Society for Human Resources Management (SHRM) – The Society for Human Resource Management the world’s largest professional association devoted to human resource management. The organization works to serve the needs of HR professionals by providing the most current and comprehensive resources, and to advance the profession by promoting HR’s essential, strategic role. Founded in 1948, SHRM represents individual members in over 125 countries, and has a network of more than 575 affiliated chapters in the United States, as well as offices in China and India.
Searching for Someone? We recommend Intelius People Search, the leading provider of People Search and Background Check reports. Intelius has an extensive selection of people search reports, background checks, criminal records, court records, real estate and financial reports.