How To Become a Licensed Private Investigator in Delaware
Delaware Private Investigator Licensing Requirements
The Delaware State Police – State of Delaware Professional Licensing regulates private investigative and security agencies, alarm companies, constables, bail enforcement agents, etc. The website provides a description of the licensing application process, the fees required and the criteria for obtaining a private detective license. The process for obtaining a private investigator license in Delaware is as follows:
- Applicants must complete the correct employee application that can be obtained at the link below.
- Applicants must pay a non-refundable processing fee of $69.00, via cash, certified check, Visa, Master Card, Discover, company check, or money order. NOTE; upon approval, there will be an additional $20.00 fee for the required ID card. Notification will be e-mailed to your agency notifying them your ID card is ready for pick-up. Personal checks are not accepted.
- View and read the links on the website regarding Laws, Rules and Regulations for private investigators & private security
The criteria for obtaining a license is as follows:
- Private Investigators must be hired by a licensed agency before appearing at DSP for processing.
- Individuals must be at least 18 years of age; must be 21 for firearms guard and private investigator.
- Must not have been convicted of any Felony; and/or misdemeanor involving the act of theft, drug offenses, or moral turpitude.
- Must not have been convicted of Assault III within the last three years.
- Must meet and maintain the qualifications set and approved by the Board of Examiners.
- Private Security Guards must have completed the mandatory sixteen hours of security guard training prior to appearing at DSP for processing. For a list of instructors, please view the link below of approved 16-hour instructors.
- Firearms qualifications must be met through an approved instructor. For a list of instructors, please view the link below of Approved Instructors.
Other special licensing requirements such as education requirements, experience requirements, examinations, and insurance may be required.
Check the state licensing website for more information.
Delaware Private Investigator Associations
- Delaware Association of Detective Agencies (DADA)
Hire a Private Detective in Delaware
- Hire a Private Investigator in Delaware – To hire a private investigator in Delaware, visit our directory of private eyes and private investigation agencies. Our directory may also help you find an agency to sponsor you as a beginning private investigator.
- Private Investigator Training Resources – Improve your chances of getting licensed by completing a degree program, training course, or home study course. Learn what options are available to get the investigation knowledge necessary to get licensed.
South Dakota Private Investigator Licensing Requirements To become a Private Investigator in South Dakota, no Private Investigator license is required.
Florida P.I. Licensing Requirements Private Investigator licenses in the State of Florida are handled by the Florida Department of Agriculture
Texas Private Investigator Licensing Requirements Private Investigator licensing in Texas is handled by the Texas Department of Public Safety. The Private