Hill Street Blues is a police drama television show that was first aired on the NBC television network in 1981. The Hill Street Blues TV series ran for a total of 146 episodes. Similar to many other police crime dramas, the television series chronicles the lives of the staff of a fictional police precinct in an unnamed American city. The Hill Street Blues television series received high critical acclaim and its innovations proved to be highly influential on serious dramatic television series.
The first season of Hill Street Blues was honored with an astounding eight Emmy awards, a record surpassed only by The West Wing. During its run, The Hill Street Blues TV show received a total of 98 Emmy Award nominations.
Hill Street Blues Season Episodes on DVD
The show ran for a total of 146 episodes over the course of seven seasons, all of which are available on DVD and video from Amazon.com. Following is a recap of the season episodes and release dates:
- Hill Street Blues – Season 1 on DVD (1981) – Contains all season episodes from the first season on three double-sided disc. Includes bonus features.
- Hill Street Blues – Season 2 on DVD (1981)
- Season 3 – Includes a total of 22 episodes.
- Season 4 – Includes a total of 22 episodes.
- Season 5 – Includes a total of 22 episodes.
- Season 6 – Includes a total of 22 episodes.
- Season 7 Includes a total of 22 episodes.
Additional seasons of the Hill Street Blues TV show are not yet available on DVD.
For more detailed information, visit the show’s Wikipedia page at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hill_Street_Blues.
Also, check out other Police Crime Dramas on DVD.