Zimmerman Allegedly Points a Shotgun at His Girlfriend
George Zimmerman, who still reigns as the Most Hated Man in America, was arrested on Monday, November 18th, 2013 in Apopka, Florida. Mr. Zimmerman was charged by the local police with threatening his girlfriend with a loaded gun.
The Florida Seminole County Sheriff’s Office responded to a 911 call from a person who reported a disturbance at the home of Samantha Scheibe. Samantha is (or was before this incident) Zimmerman’s new girlfriend. The 911 call was placed at 12:30 PM E.T.
Scheibe told the police that she and Zimmerman were having an argument, and she alleged that he got angry when she asked him to leave. She said he broke some of her things and then pointed a double barrel or long-barreled shotgun at her. She also alleged that he pushed her out of the house and barricaded the door with furniture to prevent her re-entry.
Zimmerman also called 911 and told the police that his girlfriend was acting crazy, and that she was pregnant with his child. He told police that he never pulled a gun and that his gun was in a locked bag during the incident.
The Seminole County Sheriff’s Office officially charged Zimmerman with three crimes, a felony and two misdemeanors. The charges included:
- Felony aggravated assault
- Misdemeanor battery
- Misdemeanor criminal mischief
Zimmerman’s Legal Troubles Continue
Since Zimmerman was acquitted in the fatal shooting of Trayvon Martin, he has had multiple run-ins with law enforcement officials:
- In September, he was arrested after a domestic dispute with his estranged wife, Shellie Zimmerman. No charges were officially filed by either party due to a lack of evidence. Sounds somewhat familiar.
- In September, in Lake Mary, Florida, he was issued a traffic ticket for $256 for driving 60 mph in a 45 mph zone.
- In July, he was pulled over by law enforcement for speeding in Texas, but the police officer only gave him a verbal warning.
Zimmerman is currently being held in the county jail and is scheduled to appear in court on Tuesday, November 19th at 1:30 PM E.T. Seminole County Police are waiting to receive a search warrant to search the house where the incident occured for weapons and other items.
Regardless of the actual circumstances of this particular incident, he continues to live a life behind the scenes as one of the most hated people in America.