Private Investigation Case Notes
Private detectives deal with a large amount of information daily. They conduct online research, Google searches, online query databases, search through court records, record case notes, gather witness statements, and much more. As a result, private detectives end up with a great deal of information. Then, they must organize and store computer files, paper documents, articles, lists, and handwritten notes.
Managing the data and information can become tedious and hinder your case progress. Fortunately, a great tool called Evernote helps you efficiently capture research, data, and other information and then consolidate, store, and organize it into a single, usable location.
How Private Detectives Can Leverage Evernote
Evernote is an application (commonly called an app) that works on Android, iOS, and Windows platforms, which means it can be used on computers, tablets, and mobile devices. This is especially important to professional investigators, as they typically use various devices depending on whether in the office or on a surveillance mission.
Private investigators can use the app to record case notes, research documents, website links, photos, etc. Since the service is cloud-based, investigators can access and enter information into a centralized office or field area. This helps eliminate the need to write everything down and re-enter the information once you return to the office. Also, it enables investigators to enter data “at the moment” when the details are fresh in their minds. This helps ensure the recording of more accurate information.
Another great reason to use this app is that multiple employees can use it. For example, as two detectives are surveilling a person from two different locations (or angles), they can record case notes simultaneously in the same Notebook. This is a huge time-saver and a much more efficient way to operate.
- Sarna, David E. Y. (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 384 Pages – 03/16/2012 (Publication Date) – For Dummies (Publisher)
Why Use Evernote to record case notes?
Here are a few reasons why you may want to consider using this app for your work as a private detective:
- The app makes it easy to share information with your clients. You can directly share lists, pages, and other data stored on your Evernote account with your clients just by sending a link to them via email. This eliminates the need to send documents via regular mail or fax. In most cases, clients will appreciate the ability to receive information quickly.
- The app can be customized according to your specific requirements. The open data format of Evernote makes it highly flexible and easy to customize according to your specifications.
- Make changes in records stored on multiple devices at once. Since the data and information are stored in the cloud, you can make changes to any documents or files stored in your account, and it will be available on every device it is stored on through Evernote without you having to do so for every individual copy of the file.
- Multiple employees working on the same case can use notebooks for managing case files. It becomes more accessible for everyone to keep track of case progress, even if there are no direct in-person updates from the primary detective.
- Videos, photos, and other visual files are saved safely for anytime access. This way, you do not necessarily need a PC or laptop to access such files and can do so via a computer or mobile device. For example, investigators trying to locate a subject can use their mobile device to access the subject’s photo and other case details using the app.
- The offline notebook feature is useful when you don’t have an internet connection. This is handy when you’re in a remote area conducting surveillance and need to take notes and update information about case files. Once you reconnect to the internet, the files can be synced with the cloud.
- The better overall organization of information and case details. The application helps avoid losing vital information or case details since everything is stored and backed up on the Evernote account as you upload.
- Complete protection of sensitive data stored on the app with multiple firewalls. This ensures that any data you hold on your Evernote will stay there safely without worrying about it being leaked or misplaced.
Evernote can be a handy app for many reasons, as you can see. Try using the app for your work; you may realize that it makes your life and work much more manageable, efficient, and hassle-free.
Learn more at their website or download the iTunes or Google Play app. In addition, Amazon.com has a wide variety of reference books and guides related to Evernote. If you have questions about the best app to record case notes, please leave a message below. Also, check out our other software solutions.