Stream Live Video and View Anytime, From Anywhere
Like a home alarm monitoring service, the Dropcam wireless camera is a cloud-based video monitoring service that helps you stay connected to your home, family, baby, nanny, pets, and business. Connect the Dropcam security camera securely to your wireless network and start streaming live video. When events happen, you receive activity alerts on your mobile device via email, tablet, or computer.
Remote Video Monitoring Capabilities
Dropcam is designed to be used as an indoor surveillance camera. It is not recommended as an outdoor camera, as the elements (rain, wind, heat, etc.) may damage the electronics. The camera will capture a high-quality 720p high-definition video. Use the device to watch live video from any device, such as your Apple Mac, Windows PC, iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, or Android phone.
The video cam allows two-way audio to hear what is happening and talk to your kids, pets, and even would-be burglars and thieves. Download the Dropcam App, access a wireless network, and watch live video from anywhere. You can even pan and zoom during viewing. In addition, it includes night vision capabilities so that the video can be recorded day or night.
This product allows you to receive alerts about camera activity via email or mobile devices like an iPhone. Connect to the camera, view live footage on your mobile device, talk directly to people, and see your pets.
Save and View Recorded Captured Footage
When paired with a secure online DVR recording, you can watch live and recorded videos anywhere on any device. For an additional fee, Dropcam offers an optional Cloud Video Recording (CVR) feature that allows access to recorded video via the web from the past week or month. Use the Cloud Video Recording option to watch and share videos with family and friends.
Setup and Installation
There is no need to pay for expensive security camera installation or pay an alarm company for home alarm monitoring. Dropcam can be installed without any professional assistance in under an hour. First, unpack the box to install the device and ensure you have all the contents. The box will contain the following:
- One high-definition camera
- 1 Aluminum camera stand
- Hardware for mounting the device on a wall
- One 10-foot USB cable
- 1 USB power adapter
- Quick start guide with instructions for setting up and using the device
Before you begin setup, make sure you have the following (in addition to the camera itself):
- A personal computer or MAC (needed for setup)
- High-Speed internet connection. Either DSL, Cable, FiOS
- Web Browser: Internet Explorer 7+, Firefox 3+, Safari 3+, or Google Chrome
- Optional mobile device for viewing video remotely: iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, and Android Device
- Wi-Fi connection: 802.11b/g/n 2.4GHz
- Supported wireless security: WEP (40-bit, 128-bit), WPA (TKIP, AES), WPA2 (TKIP, AES)/li
Now that you have everything listed above, proceed with setting up the video camera:
- Choose a location for the security camera installation. Select a location that has an unobstructed view. If possible, mount the camera in a location that isn’t very noticeable and preferably out of reach. The device won’t do much good if a thief can take it down or if they notice the device and avoid its line of sight.
- Plug the device into an electrical outlet. Make sure you have constant, uninterrupted power.
- Mount the device using wall-mounting hardware if the camera remains in a permanent location. Otherwise, place the device where it will sit (on a shelf, bookcase, etc.)
After completing these steps, you’re ready to stream live video. You must watch the streaming video from your mobile device, tablet, or personal computer.
Device Technical Specifications
Following are the technical specs of the device:
- Product Dimensions: 4.5″ × 3.15″ × 3.15″
- The produce weighs 5.5oz (156g)
- Input: 50/60Hz 0.5A
- Output: 5V-2A
- Camera: Color with digital zoom
- The field of view is 107° (diagonal)
- Video: H.264 encoding, up to 720HD (1280 × 720) at 30 frames/sec
- Audio: Speaker and microphone
- Night Vision: High-power IR LEDs
- Warranty: One-year parts
- Operating Temperature: 0 – 35°C, designed for indoor use
- Dropcam does not include a motion sensor.
- Since a wireless network connection is required, any interruption in your wireless network connection will interrupt the video streaming or degrade the video’s quality.
Buy it now at Amazon.com.
- Nest Cam has built-in intelligence and can tell the difference between a person, animal, and vehicle and send alerts directly through the Google Home app, no subscription required.Controller Type:Google Assistant.Connectivity protocol:Bluetooth;Wi-Fi.Power source type:Corded Electric
- Easily check in from anywhere 24/7 with 1080p HDR video with night vision, and see what you missed with 3 hours of free event video history; add a Nest Aware subscription (sold separately) for up to 60 days of video history
- If your Wi-Fi goes down, Nest Cam will store up to 1 hour of recorded events so you can see what you missed 
- Take action in an instant if something happens; talk and listen with the built in speaker and mic on your security camera or call your local emergency service directly from the Google Home app (Nest Aware subscription required)
- Set up Activity Zones to receive phone notifications about specific areas of your home and know when familiar faces arrive (Nest Aware subscription required for familiar face alerts)[1,6]
Questions and More Information
Please post a message below if you have questions about the Dropcam Wireless Camera. Also, learn about other types of specialized equipment used by investigation experts.