Car Dashboard Mount Camera
In many situations, private investigators need a hands-free car dashboard mount camera during surveillance missions. Dash mountable cams provide a simple solution for capturing video while following a subject on the road or if you need to focus on driving. These cams can also be a fail-safe, capturing video more consistently when you may not pay full attention to what’s happening.
Long surveillance assignments can sometimes be quite boring, and staying focused isn’t always easy. Having a dash-mounted camera taking video at all times will help capture these “in-between” periods.
Following is an overview of the product iDrive, which is a simple Car Dashboard Mount Camera that is available from Amazon.com:
About the Cam Mounting
The iDrive cam is easily mounted on a car’s dashboard, but the tool can easily be mounted on just about any surface. The product has a dashboard mounting kit with 3M adhesive tape that securely fastens it. The camera is equipped with Pinpoint Laser Aiming, an integrated laser designed to help you precisely aim the camera. The red laser can be seen day or night to help specify where the camera will record footage.
Power Source for the Dashboard Cam
The battery-powered product uses three (3) AAA batteries as its power supply. This is a notable feature as it does not require power from the vehicle to run. Therefore, it is perfect for conducting quiet, covert surveillance. The batteries power the device for up to six (6) hours of continuous video recording. The car charger can be used for continuous power, which is more useful for conducting driving surveillance.
Playing Back Video from the Dashboard Cam
The dashboard cam records video footage in AVI format, which is not the most common format. Hopefully, the vendor will support additional file types as they update the product in future versions.
You can playback recorded videos on a Mac or a personal computer (PC) using a media player. For example, the media player can be QuickTime or Windows Media Player. In addition, the product comes with a set of RCA cables to playback on a television. Of course, this assumes you have the proper input jacks on your TV. Connect the RCA cables directly to the device and the other end to the TV and use the controls to watch the recorded footage.
What is the Storage Capacity?
The Car Dashboard Mount Camera comes packed with a 32-gigabyte SD storage card with up to 15 hours of video footage. For its specific purpose, we rate the overall storage capacity as good. Fifteen hours should cover most surveillance jobs.
How is the Image Quality?
The device offers surprisingly clear QVGA full-color video in 400k resolution at 320 x 240. We rate the overall image quality as good. This product is currently unavailable for purchase. Visit Amazon.com to find other Dashboard Mounted Cameras.
- 🎁 [Best Value for Money] – It is a well rounded unit that is a great choice for anyone looking to document and archive traffic collisions. You’ll have more than just its comprehensive features with a two-year warranty, lifetime technical support and parts replacement. Plus, thanks to its great design and packaging, it will make a great holiday gift for anyone.
- 🎁 [1080P Full HD & Large LCD] – The dashcam records in full 1080p HD with a 170-degree wide angle lens. This reduces blind spots and captures critical details. The three-inch LCD screen allows you to monitor and replay key moments even if driving at high speeds.
- 🎁 [Two Easy Mounting Options] – We offer two effective mounting systems, either of which will make it easy to install a dash cam in just a few minutes. The suction cup mount holds the camera securely yet allows you to aim it easily, and also to remove it easily. The white adhesive-backed mount is more compact and more secure.
- 🎁 [Loop Recording & G-sensor] – This car camera records footage in a loop, so you never have to worry about deleting old recordings to free up space for new ones. There is a built-in G-sensor that detects sudden crashes and shakes to lock footage and prevent accidental erasure or overwriting.
- 🎁 [Night Vision & Parking Monitoring] – This dash camera has great night vision capabilities that capture crisp details and colors, even in low-light environments. It also supports SD cards (Not included) for storing critical driving footage. It also features motion detection and a parking monitor mode to record your car’s surroundings at all times.
- Car dashboard/windshield rotating 360 Degree mount holder for car DVR GPS Camcorder holder.
- Swivel ball adapter head provides flexibility for positioning the camera. Different joints kit to suit most Car Dash Camera, GPS, Action Camera.
- Attaching to a clean and smooth surface to get maximum holding strength.
- New 13 different joints kit suitable for most car dash cam, camcorder DVR on the market, include Rexing V1, Z Edge,Falcon F170, Old Shark, YI, Amebay, KDLINKS X1, VANTRUE, G1W G1W-H G1W-C G1W-B LS300W GT550S and other hot selling dash cam.
- PVC windshield suction performs well in hot climates. Dashboard suction cup diameter 5cm/1.97inch.
Questions and Comments
Please comment below if you have any questions, comments, or feedback about the iDrive dashboard camera.