Biography Resources for Family History Research and Genealogy
Biography is a genre of literature and other forms of media like film, based on the written accounts of individual lives. While a biography may focus on a subject of fiction or non-fiction, the term is usually in reference to non-fiction. As opposed to a profile or curriculum vitae, a biography develops complex insight and highlights different textures of personality including intimate details of experiences. A biography is more than a list of impersonal facts like birth, education, work, relationships and death. It also delves into the emotions of experiencing such events.
Following are resources for finding biographical information on individuals.
- Biographical Dictionary – S9.com is a Wikipedia type system and everyone can edit biographies or even create their own. S9.com was established in 1997 and since then has grown into one of the largest biography sites.
- Biography Center – Biography-Center.com is a directory of other biographies on the web
- Biography Online Database – More than 20,000 people from the Cambridge Encyclopedia Database and the Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography
- Colonial Hall: Biographies of America’s Founding Fathers – Biographies of the founding fathers on the Web. These are currently divided into three categories: Signers of the Declaration, Articles of Confederation, and the U.S. Constitution
- Distinguished Women of Past & Present – Biographies of women who contributed to our culture in a variety of ways
- Info Please Biography – Features 30,000 notable people
- Namebase Index – A cumulative index of books and clippings
- Noteworthy Gravesites – Search over 9 million grave records
- Rock Musicians – People Magazine’s Rock Hall of Fame
- Who’s Alive and Who’s Dead – Helps you keep track of which famous people have died and which are still alive
- Women’s International Center Biography Index – Biographies of famous women.
Please note that that Social Security Administration (SSA) changed the way Social Security Numbers (SSNs) are issued on June 25, 2011.
What is Handwriting Analysis? Graphology is the scientific term for handwriting analysis. It is the study and analysis of handwriting,
Weather is the state of the atmosphere with respect to heat or cold, wetness or dryness, calm or storm, clearness