Biography Resources for Family History Research and Genealogy
Biography is a genre of literature and other forms of media like film, based on the written accounts of individual lives. While a biography may focus on a subject of fiction or non-fiction, the term is usually in reference to non-fiction. As opposed to a profile or curriculum vitae, a biography develops complex insight and highlights different textures of personality including intimate details of experiences. A biography is more than a list of impersonal facts like birth, education, work, relationships and death. It also delves into the emotions of experiencing such events.
Following are resources for finding biographical information on individuals.
- Biographical Dictionary – S9.com is a Wikipedia type system and everyone can edit biographies or even create their own. S9.com was established in 1997 and since then has grown into one of the largest biography sites.
- Biography Center – Biography-Center.com is a directory of other biographies on the web
- Biography Online Database – More than 20,000 people from the Cambridge Encyclopedia Database and the Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography
- Colonial Hall: Biographies of America’s Founding Fathers – Biographies of the founding fathers on the Web. These are currently divided into three categories: Signers of the Declaration, Articles of Confederation, and the U.S. Constitution
- Distinguished Women of Past & Present – Biographies of women who contributed to our culture in a variety of ways
- Info Please Biography – Features 30,000 notable people
- Namebase Index – A cumulative index of books and clippings
- Noteworthy Gravesites – Search over 9 million grave records
- Rock Musicians – People Magazine’s Rock Hall of Fame
- Who’s Alive and Who’s Dead – Helps you keep track of which famous people have died and which are still alive
- Women’s International Center Biography Index – Biographies of famous women.
What is Handwriting Analysis? Graphology is the scientific term for handwriting analysis. It is the study and analysis of handwriting,
What is a Bounty Hunter? A bounty hunter is an individual who captures fugitives for a monetary reward, for apprehending
An accident is defined as – An unfortunate incident that happens unexpectedly and unintentionally, typically resulting in damage or injury. An