Harassing Phone Calls from 239-415-4400
We receive many complaints from frustrated users who receive harassing and abusive phone calls from the phone number 239-415-4400, which belongs to a telemarketing research company named Abt SRBI. We were reluctant to write about Abt SRBI, until we began receiving multiple, harassing phone calls from the company each night.
We did some research about the company and learned they are a subsidiary of ABT Associates and they claim to be a “full service global research organization, with a track record of quality.” However, we found thousands of complaints and negative reports from frustrated, annoyed and angry individuals who have received calls from this company, many from the phone number 239-415-4400. Apparently, the telemarketing company has a long history of bending and even breaking the law.
How The Company Makes Harassing Phone Calls
The company ABT SRBI, a subsidiary of ABT Associates, makes calls around the clock, ignoring do not call lists such as the National Do Not Call Registry. If you’re not signed up for the Do Not Call Registry, we highly recommended registering every phone number you own, including cell phone numbers and business lines. Your registration will never expire, despite what some fraudulent telemarketers and scammers might say.
The call usually comes at the same time each night, and is usually from the phone number 239-415-4400. When the call is answered, the representative says something like:
- We’re doing a survey about the military. Has anyone in your household been deployed to IRAQ?
- We’re doing a survey on behalf of the IRS. Can we ask you some questions?
- We are following up on a letter we sent you.
- We are calling on behalf of the health department, would you be interested in completing a short survey?
If you ask the SRBI representative to remove you from their calling list, they will hang up immediately. If you try to call the number on your caller ID, you will receive a busy signal. Regardless of the deceptive statements on their website, this does not represent “quality research” and does not benefit society in any way.
How to Handle a Call from ABT SRBI
The first option for any annoying caller is simply to hang up on them. However, this won’t stop them from calling again and again whenever they want to bother you. If you want the calls to stop, then it is best to build a case against them.
Each time you receive a call, make a note of the following information:
- Caller ID Name, usually shown as “Abt SRBI”, although they may have changed the identifier to get around complaints from callers
- Phone Number, usually 239-415-4400
- Date the call was received
- Time the call was received
- Name of the caller, if you can get it (individual callers can be penalized by law enforcement)
- Note everything they say, including the questions they ask
- Make a record of any harassing activity
How to File a Complaint Against Abt SRBI and the Phone Number 239-415-4400
- Visit the Do Not Call Registry at www.donotcall.gov
- Click on the button labeled “File a Complaint” on the left side
- Read the information and click on “Continue”
- Enter the required information about the harassing telemarketing calls from SRBI, the number they called, the number they called from
- Be sure to leave an explanation of what happens. Provide details about the call, how rude they were (did they hang up on you), did they ask questions that could lead to identity theft?, and note how often they call
Please note that complaints are entered into a secure online database and made available to civil and criminal law enforcement agencies. While the FTC does not resolve individual consumer problems, your complaint will help the agency investigate the company, and could lead to law enforcement action. The more complaints that are filed against this company, the more likely it is that law enforcement will investigate.
If you need information about the company to include in your official consumer complaint, you can find the SRBI website at srbi.com.
File a Complaint with Other Organizations
If you’re one of the thousands of people who receive calls from 239-415-4400 and just want ABT Associates to stop calling and pestering you, hit them where it hurts and get them in trouble with governing agencies. There is no reason a legitimate research company should be tormenting people in the name of “research”. In addition to filing a complaint with the Do Not Call registry, file a harassment complaint with the following agencies and councils:
- Better Business Bureau
- National Council on Published Polls (NCCP)
- Council of American Survey Research Organizations (CASRO)
And don’t forget to report it to your local eyewitness news channel’s investigative team. They are usually very good at investigating such consumer harassment complaints.
Be sure to reference their parent company ABT Associates and their subsidiary ABT SRBI in your complaint.
If you’d like to see what others are saying about them, just do a Google search of the company name along with the word harassment or harassing. You’ll quickly find evidence of similar headaches experienced by many other people.
Note: Even though we wrote this article several years ago, our we continue to receive harassing SPAM postings from company employees. The messages contain insults, accusations and additional threats. Hopefully, that means this article is ranking as high, or hopefully even higher, than their website in some search results. If you have fallen prey to these jerks, take action and make them regret their illegal behavior. Maybe they will stop hassling, annoying and disturbing innocent people with their nuisance disguised as research.
Also, with widely available spoofing and robocall technology, it is doubtful this company continues to use the same phone number we published in this article. More than likely they continue to operate using numerous other numbers.
If you’ve been a victim of their techniques, post a comment below to help warn others about their business practices. Hopefully, they will learn from their mistakes and at some point they will start operating within the law and as a reputable business.