Property Records Search: How to Run Real Estate Reports
Resources for Property Records Searches
Private investigation cases often involve property in one form or another. Whether it is physical property such as a house, land, real estate, jewelry, or intellectual property, a private investigator needs to know where to find the information.
Use these resources to research a home or neighborhood with a Property Report. Find information such as:
- Home values or worth, includes both the purchase price and estimated rent
- Property ownership information, who currently owns the property
- Real estate sales history, when was the home bought and sold
- Property details, including such details as lot size, square footage, number of bedrooms and bathrooms, number of floors, type and more
- Current & previous residents
- Phone numbers associated with the property address
- Area sex offenders, registered in the area
- Satellite & map images and more
Property Records Websites
The following websites provide additional resources and information about property records, land records, real estate records and other forms of property investigations.
- All States Stolen Jewelry Web Site – Jewelry is property too. The Jewelers’ Security Alliance website provides a database for tracking stolen jewelry. Search for stolen or recovered gems, watches or other jewelry.
- Instant Comprehensive Property Reports – Get property values, sales prices, property taxes, lot size, year built, condition, and more.
- Personal Property Records – A comprehensive collection of links to county property records.
- Property Public Records Online Directory – A directory of official sources of county real estate records.
- Official Federal Land Patent Records – The Bureau of Land Management provides information about public land transfers. The database covers federal land title records for eastern Public Land States issued between 1820 and 1908 as well as land titles issued between 1908 and the mid-1960’s.
- Realtor.com – At REALTOR.com, you can browse public property records for various properties across the U.S. From home values to recent selling dates and prices.
In addition to these helpful websites, check out the articles below that provide an overview of useful apps for obtaining property information:
- How to Use Zillow to Prepare for Home Surveillance
- How to Use Google Maps to Plan Surveillance Missions
A desk globe is a circular, globe-style map that sits on a desk. The desk globe usually sits on a
Private investigators may have to track a package as part of an investigation case, or retrace the shipping path of