Private investigators often have prior experience in law Enforcement. Many P.I.’s worked as a police officer, detective, sheriff, or even for the FBI. Whether you’re a former police officer or thinking about pursuing a career in law Enforcement, the following books will help you:
- Learn what it takes to become a police officer or to work in the field of law Enforcement
- Learn what type of training is required, and which schools and training courses are the most effective
- Learn about the different law Enforcement agencies, their purpose and function, and how they work together
- Learn about the equipment, tools, and weapons used by a law Enforcement officer
The following books provide helpful information on the subject of Law Enforcement and Police work.
An indispensable guide for police officers and their families. This book helps officers and families recognize the deterioration in behavior that can occur as a result of police work. In addition, it covers potential strategies that can help improve family life and salvage a career in law enforcement.
Explains the basics of leadership training for those in a supervisory position in law enforcement. The guide give helpful tips and practical techniques in interpersonal, operational, and administrative work. It touches on the principles of interviewing, employee conflict, discipline, how to enforce policies and procedures, and how to lead a meeting or a conference.
Becoming a Police Officer: An Insider’s Guide to a Career in Law Enforcement is geared toward people who are considering pursuing a career in law enforcement or police work. The book explains the overall career field and identifies some of the pitfalls you may encountered in certain jobs and how to avoid them. The book covers such topics as:
- How to evaluate your suitability for a police career
- How to recognize and ignore bad advice
- How to advance rapidly toward self-sufficiency
- The importance of integrity
Becoming a Police Officer: An Insider’s Guide to a Career in Law Enforcement is a valuable insight for those seeking a career in the honorable and important profession of law enforcement.
The ultimate insider’s guide to pursuing a career in one of the hottest, fastest-growing career sectors in America. Written by a New York Times Best Selling author and FBI profiler named John Douglas. The book provides an overview of various agencies and the career opportunities that are available within each. Includes self-evaluation tools, checklists and worksheets to help guide you in your search.